• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS Sinn UX GSG-9 Divers Watch

Description : Up for sale is the toughest tool watch I've ever owned. I didn't think I would ever sell it, and I may change my mind after I have some time to come to my senses. Below is the description of the watch from the US distributor's website(Watchbuys):

"This is a special release of the Sinn UX, and is designed for the elite German Grenzschutzgruppe (GSG9) special forces unit in underwater tactical operations. Notice the dial design and the crown placement on the left side of the watch.

The Sinn UX pushes watch technology to the limits. Like the Sinn U1 and U2 watches, the Sinn UX GSG9 features a case made from the same submarine steel that is being used to build the latest generation of German military submarines.

The steel was procured by Sinn from a steel supplier to Emden GmbH, one of Germanys North Sea shipbuilding yards who construct submarines from the very same steel. This special steel is also amagnetic which means that is does not have magnetic properties and cannot itself become magnetized. The watch movement itself is protected from magnetic fields up to 4,800 A/m.

Unlike the Sinn U1 and Sinn U2, the Sinn UX GSG9 features a quartz movement rather than a mechanical movement. This movement is a certified chronometer.

By using this type of movement, Sinn is able to fill the watch with oil, which has the double affect of greatly enhancing the readability of the dial and time from any angle (including under water), and increasing the water resistance of the watch even at great depths. The special battery used to power the movement has an expected life of seven years before needing to be replaced.

The Sinn UX GSG9 is covered with a thick sapphire crystal for extreme protection. This sapphire crystal features a special anti-reflective coating that is scratch resistant - the coating itself has been hardened to 1,800 HV.

The uni-directional ratchet operated rotating bezel is also milled from this submarine steel. The indices are machined directly into the bezel without the use of bezel inserts, which can corrode or come loose at deep depths. The bezel features Sinn's Tegiment technology.

This watch is designed for operation in extreme temperature variations - it operates in temperatures between -20 Celsius to +60 Celsius. The movement is water resistant to 5,000 meters, and the case is pressure tested to a diving depth of 12,000 meters as certified by Germanischer Lloyd in Hamburg.

Matte black dial with date at 3, Super Luminova on hands and markers, and striking red seconds hand complete the design. Other features include sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating. Strap is silicone rubber with double push deployant buckle and fliplock safety clasp."

It is a beast of a watch. The Tegimented steel is extremely wear resistant. The rubber strap is the nicest I've worn. It is cut to fit a 6.75" wrist. It can not be made to fit a larger wrist with the current strap. You could purchase a new strap from Watchbuys, or find one online through some of the watch forums. The clasp is a massive piece of steel. It shows some scratches on it. It's a tool watch.

The dimensions of the watch are below:

• Case diameter (mm): 44.0
• Case thickness (mm): 13.5
• Case back: Solid
• Case metal: Submarine steel
• Dial color: Black
• Tegimented: Bezel only
• Winding: Quartz - Hydro oil filled

Accessories : It comes with it's original box only, no papers/warranty.

Selling Terms : FTF, cash only

Price : $1500

Contact Information: PM me here

Pictures:

Statement of Legal compliance:
I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). For private party face-to-face transactions (only permitted by Fed law when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.

When ammunition, magazines or other regulated items are sold/bought or traded as part of this transaction, I agree to follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to these items.

Back
Top Bottom