Sites for Indoor competition

Hi All,

Indoor competitions seem to be pretty popular in my area and I'd like to buy the best iron sights for for these competitions. Something that's accurate to 20 yards and great for quick acquisition.
The problem is indoor ranges by me don't have enough light for fiber optics to work, I don't need tritium, and I haven't seen any narrow photo-luminescent sights. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a PPQ 5inch and a S&W M&P 2.0. I was planning to use the PPQ 5inch for competition. But, if i find the right site and it's not available for the PPQ, I'll use the M&P instead.
Thanks all!

Hi All,

Indoor competitions seem to be pretty popular in my area and I'd like to buy the best iron sights for for these competitions. Something that's accurate to 20 yards and great for quick acquisition.
The problem is indoor ranges by me don't have enough light for fiber optics to work, I don't need tritium, and I haven't seen any narrow photo-luminescent sights. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a PPQ 5inch and a S&W M&P 2.0. I was planning to use the PPQ 5inch for competition. But, if i find the right site and it's not available for the PPQ, I'll use the M&P instead.
Thanks all!

What kind of competition are you making reference to, and where are the clubs?
I shoot some bullseye during the colder months and use a red dot on my .22. The USPSA matches that I shoot indoors are bright enough for a fiber optic front. Look at Dawson Precision for fiber optic sights. I would go with a front sight only, too many dots clutter the sight picture.

Do what Dan says. Get the Dawson. I'll add to that, order extra fiber in both green and red, try both to see what works best for you, and change it often. It gets dirty and does not work as well.

Thanks guys. I'm open to all types of competition. But, I'm most intrigued by the IDPA right now...mostly within New Haven county since I have little kids and can't travel too far.
I have a brand new Dawson fiber on my M&P 2.0. I love it and it works great when I'm at home practicing my dryfire. But, at the range, it might as well be an all blacked out sight because it barely lights up.
I ordered the Truglo pro night sights. I'll see how they do. Maybe I'll take both guns to every competition. If the lighting works for the fiber, I'll use the M&P. If not, I'll use the PPQ 5" with the truglo.
It would be perfect if I could switch out the front sight in a snap so I could alternate with the same gun.

Thanks guys. I'm open to all types of competition. But, I'm most intrigued by the IDPA right now...mostly within New Haven county since I have little kids and can't travel too far.
I have a brand new Dawson fiber on my M&P 2.0. I love it and it works great when I'm at home practicing my dryfire. But, at the range, it might as well be an all blacked out sight because it barely lights up.
I ordered the Truglo pro night sights. I'll see how they do. Maybe I'll take both guns to every competition. If the lighting works for the fiber, I'll use the M&P. If not, I'll use the PPQ 5" with the truglo.
It would be perfect if I could switch out the front sight in a snap so I could alternate with the same gun.

If you had said you were going to shoot IDPA I would have suggested night sights right off the bat.

I shoot IDPA and USPSA and plenty satisfied with a Dawson 0.100" fiber optic front sight with standard black rear sight. For the one low light indoor stage per match, night sights didn't seem worthwhile to me.

Do you ever shoot steel plates at Greyson's in Orange? Or Bridgeport plates/IDPA?I shot there A LOT from November 2016 - April of this year when I was working in Waterbury.

I shoot IDPA and USPSA and plenty satisfied with a Dawson 0.100" fiber optic front sight with standard black rear sight. For the one low light indoor stage per match, night sights didn't seem worthwhile to me.

Do you ever shoot steel plates at Greyson's in Orange? Or Bridgeport plates/IDPA?I shot there A LOT from November 2016 - April of this year when I was working in Waterbury.

I have shot steel plates in Orange! I haven't been to the Bridgeport range, yet. But, Bridgeport and Wallingford (Delta Arsenal) ranges are where I plan to start trying IDPA.

I have shot steel plates in Orange! I haven't been to the Bridgeport range, yet. But, Bridgeport and Wallingford (Delta Arsenal) ranges are where I plan to start trying IDPA.

Did Delta finally get those matches up and running?

if so, I'll make it up there this winter for sure.

Back
Top Bottom