• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SKS Question

My brother has an SKS with a detachable mag (AK one IIRC), I have an LTC-A, he is from NY state. Can I buy it from him? Do I just need an FA-10? I just want to check with you guys to be clear, I've interpreted things one way and read the correct answer here before.

Across state lines, you can ONLY buy/transfer a long gun thru an FFL. SKS with detachable mag would have to be compliant with the MA AWB (I don't know enough about this configuration to answer that one). You could do the transfer at a NY or MA FFL (assuming possession in MA would be legal wrt AWB).

If you did the transfer in NY, YOU do the FA-10 as a "registration" (instructions are on the form cover sheet). If you do the transfer in MA, the FFL will do the FA-10 with you.

Across state lines, you can ONLY buy/transfer a long gun thru an FFL. SKS with detachable mag would have to be compliant with the MA AWB (I don't know enough about this configuration to answer that one). You could do the transfer at a NY or MA FFL (assuming possession in MA would be legal wrt AWB).

If you did the transfer in NY, YOU do the FA-10 as a "registration" (instructions are on the form cover sheet). If you do the transfer in MA, the FFL will do the FA-10 with you.

Thanks Len.

It's this one:

It's not the end of the world to me if I can't get it by any stretch, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom