• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

sks question

I just bought a Tula M59/66 in 7.63/39. it has an old stock on it can I buy a newer stock that will fit it or do I have to buy a specific one from the company or something like that? Any info is greatly appreciated, kind of new to switching out stock so Im not too familiar with what will work

I just bought a Tula M59/66 in 7.63/39. it has an old stock on it can I buy a newer stock that will fit it or do I have to buy a specific one from the company or something like that? Any info is greatly appreciated, kind of new to switching out stock so Im not too familiar with what will work

The caliber's 7.62x39... Can you post some pictures of it? We love seeing pics here.

make sure you clean all the cosmoline, especially the bolt and firing pin, and the barrel, before using it the first time.,

Are you sure it is Tula arsenal...and that it is a 59/66 ?

59/66 -> isn't that Yugoslavian ?

and isn't Tula a russian arsenal ?

here is some info :

SKS-24

Last edited:
make sure you clean all the cosmoline, especially the bolt and firing pin, and the barrel, before using it the first time.,

Are you sure it is Tula arsenal...and that it is a 59/66 ?

59/66 -> isn't that Yugoslavian ?

and isn't Tula a russian arsenal ?

here is some info :

SKS-24

The m59/66 is the Yugo with grenade sight & launcher. I was asking for pictures because I think the OP's rifle doesn't have a grenade launcher seeing it is not Yugoslavian if it's in fact Russian.

The m59/66 is the Yugo with grenade sight & launcher. I was asking for pictures because I think the OP's rifle doesn't have a grenade launcher seeing it is not Yugoslavian if it's in fact Russian.

The yugo m59s did not have a nade launcher or gas switch. m59/66 got the launcher.

A russian will (usually) have a tula star or izhevsk triangle-in-a-circle stamp on the receiver cover and the stock.

Back
Top Bottom