Slash resistent clothing

Is just shooting the bad guy not an option? If the person is so close that you can’t even pull your gun out, you’re probably going to be stabbed.

Is just shooting the bad guy not an option? If the person is so close that you can’t even pull your gun out, you’re probably going to be stabbed.

I think this is intended for people and situations where shooting either isn't an option or is highly inadvisable, like say courtroom security/New England sherriffs that specialize in prisoner transport. The sherriffs here in RI do both court security and prisoner transport and wear a kind of soft body armor under their uniforms. I could see them wanting (as a department) slash-resistent clothes.

I have some slashproof/punctureproof gloves. The rubber material is really warm, if your clothes were made of that stuff I don't see it being very comfortable. A vest, sure. But a skilled knife fighter is gonna cut your veins and arteries up first anyways. There's actually a lot of places on the body where even a .5" deep cut will cause you to bleed out in under a minute. If you get in a knife fight, you are probably gonna die. The vest just keeps your organs nice for the people who need transplants.

Why f*** around? Go big or stay home.

I have some slashproof/punctureproof gloves. The rubber material is really warm, if your clothes were made of that stuff I don't see it being very comfortable. A vest, sure. But a skilled knife fighter is gonna cut your veins and arteries up first anyways. There's actually a lot of places on the body where even a .5" deep cut will cause you to bleed out in under a minute. If you get in a knife fight, you are probably gonna die. The vest just keeps your organs nice for the people who need transplants.

If you get attacked with a knife at close range, it's probably over for you.

View: https://youtu.be/UUuXfyfCaL4?t=208

What's your take on this?

Doesn't appear very gimmicky but not sure how it performs in real life
This has to be something designed for the UK or some place where knife crime is a problem or people don't carry guns. There have been mass stabbings in other countries.

What's your take on this?

Doesn't appear very gimmicky but not sure how it performs in real life
If things are that bad that you even think you may need this, you’re probably not making the best life decisions for yourself.

Well, shite... I’ll have to wear that under my Level II Polo, with Level IIIa backers and Level IV Plates in a carrier up front, in case I miss someone running in past my slant 1x Red Dot by my 1-8x24 LPVO, and gets too close for pistol deployment.

Thanks.

Slash resistant clothing is not new. Used in industrial settings for decades. What's new is this marketing it to"operators".

Also, worth noting the no-name "slash resistant" garments on Amazon seem to be hit or miss with effectiveness in testing. About as trust worthy as buying body armor on Amazon. So worth buying this stuff direct from a reputable manufacturer if you want it to actually work when you need it.

Back
Top Bottom