• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smart Gun - lazy gun?

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Colt .45 1911 on the hallway table. I left 2 full magazines beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so.

In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.

Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

[pics]

I seem to recall the same effect with a shotgun a few months back... Or maybe it was an AR. You know how evil those are (in MA especially).

Why would you take it off when you get home? Sorry, I had to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose. However, not too long ago the PD visited a long time friend of mine and noticed some handguns on his son's bed. LTC gone, guns gone. Jack.

Your friend was a fool for letting them in, and what were handguns doing on the boys bed? I'm guessing you haven't told the whole story in the interest of brevity. But it seems like a dumb thing to do. Doesn't he have a safe?

I suppose. However, not too long ago the PD visited a long time friend of mine and noticed some handguns on his son's bed. LTC gone, guns gone. Jack.

Let me guess, that was in MA...

If it was in NH, [there's a far better chance that] the cops would have commented about the quality of the collection on the bed. Maybe laughing at some of the choices, or approving of them.

I've had the cops in my house for a domestic call between the two freeloaders living there. The
guy was a convicted felon. I was keeping my guns locked up in an old truck, but sold it the
month before the incident. I had to bring the guns back into the house. My first AR build was on
my bed and the cops checked it, but there was no barrel installed yet. So they left it there. The
other guns were in a cabinet next to the bed and everything was cased so they didn't notice or
check them.

Malodave

Back
Top Bottom