• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith Corona 03A3 at Collectors in Stoneham

jpm

If anyone is looking for a decent 03A3 there's an SC at Collectors in Stoneham for $600. I checked it out earlier today and its decent. Needs a cleaning but the receiver and barrel are both SC (probably original barrel). Stock is decent with FJA and ordinance wheel but can't confirm if its SC since marks/dents in front of the trigger guard cover where the diamond would be and I can't tell from the barrel band spring cutout without cleaning some debris out of it. Either way its GI wood for sure, handguard is a replacement. Bolt and trigger guard/mag housing is both Remington. Has a repro leather sling. Rifling is good, bore needs a scrub.

For the price you can't beat it if you want a decent A3 that would clean up well and probably shoots good as is.

This is NOT that one, but every Thread deserves a pic:

SC03A3b-1.jpg

Almost forgot, they also have an eddystone for the same price that's probably from the same person. I didn't look at it though, didn't have the time.

Great rifle. I have the exact same one and it outshoots my Garands.

as it should based off the 1903/mauser action
should beat the sknot out of a M1 on accuracy....
although I would love a M1 rear sight retrofitted to my 1903a3 somehow.

Back
Top Bottom