Smith & Wesson Announces Shotgun – The New M&P12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

NES Member
Smith & Wesson‘s M&P series has seen significant success and tremendous expansion over the years. Although it’s best known for striker-fired handguns, including some of the market’s best-selling everyday carry/concealed carry-intended pistols along with some duty models, they’ve dabbled in some long guns as well. If you’re an adherent of the S&W brand and like the AR platform, they offer M&P rifles in 5.56mm NATO/.223 Remington, .22 Long Rifle, 7.62×51/.308 Winchester, and 6.5 Creedmoor. Now the M&P family is expanding yet again, this time into new territory. Meet the new M&P12 shotgun.

Here is the link for it on their website.

Tooootallly Toooooobulur, duuuuude.

Did they miss that KelTec makes this EXACT shotgun???? I didn't want one of those. I certainly don't want one of these. Too bad they didn't make a higher-quality 870-style shotgun instead.

Tooootallly Toooooobulur, duuuuude.

Did they miss that KelTec makes this EXACT shotgun???? I didn't want one of those. I certainly don't want one of these. Too bad they didn't make a higher-quality 870-style shotgun instead.

There is probably a gear snob and/or M&P fanboy audience out there for this shotgun who liked the general idea of the Keltec, but didn't want to buy it because its Keltec. Slap on AR safety and grip and you've marketed yourself a winner for the target audience, regardless if it has been done before. Kind of like if Glock ever made a PCC that looked and functioned exactly like any other AR9, people would still loose their marbles over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom