Smith & Wesson shooting range closed?

The customer service people just don't know what's going on. Last week I spoke to the person who is/was in charge of the range who said they are NOT opening anytime in the near future. I'm still waiting for a refund that he said he would process for me since I signed up for a 1 year membership just 2 weeks before they closed.
The Rep told me he was telling people last week that they were opening the beginning but they pushed it back. We`ll see.

I spoke to a range employee last week he said no one but employees and law enforcement will shoot there again.

The company wants out of the range business because of liability issues. Oh and don't shoot the messenger.

I'm still waiting for a refund that he said he would process for me since I signed up for a 1 year membership just 2 weeks before they closed.

Here's a link to some info on filing a Small Claims Court case in Massachsusetts. If Smith & Wesson doesn't return your money you can send a demand letter telling them that your next step will be to file in Small Claims Court.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsandjudges/courts/districtcourt/smallclaims.html

We had to resort to this tactic to get a deposit back from a storage facility a while back. The owners kept avoiding us until we sent the demand letter.

Good luck getting your money back. I'm sure you're not at the top of their list of priorities, so you can always rattle the cage. . . .

As a member of the S&W Shooting Sports Center, I received a letter today affirming what jaypap stated in a prior post.

The S&W shooting Sports Center will no longer be open to the public and will be, in their words, "solely as an employee facility and as a venue for firearm industry events".

So there it is - officially closed.

Included with the letter was a check reimbursing me for the unused portion of my membership dues. Again in their words: "This refund has been calculated based upon the date that your access to the Shooting Sports Center ceased".

Just thought I would let everyone know about this, and to give a heads up to those of you who are/were a member of the Shooting Center.

I assume you will soon be receiving a letter with a reimbursement check if you have not already.

Received my refund check today from the Smith and Wesson Shooting Sports Center.

It gives a list of a dozen other clubs in the area to join.

Also says if you have any gift certificates to mail them in for a refund.

I know an employee and he said they will still have I.D.P.A..

Talked to a friend that works there and range when it is opened back up will be for employees and LEO. Classes won't be going on anymore and the guy that use to run the range I believe works at Riverview gun sales in CT now.

Besides go see John at Remsport when he starts classes screw the big companies keep the money local. Just need to get a range for him to do the classes with firing.

Damn, this is bad news. I never got to try that range out. I always figured it was no big rush since S&W was a fixture that wasn't going anywhere... or so I thought. Is the retail store still open for business, or did that permanently close to the public as well?

Damn, this is bad news. I never got to try that range out. I always figured it was no big rush since S&W was a fixture that wasn't going anywhere... or so I thought. Is the retail store still open for business, or did that permanently close to the public as well?

From what my friend said that used to work in the range on weekends when not in the assembly line is the store won't be opened back up but who knows on that just passing along some more gossip

From what my friend said that used to work in the range on weekends when not in the assembly line is the store won't be opened back up but who knows on that just passing along some more gossip

I don't think they will have a store it said if you have gift certificates to mail them in.

That stinks, but I figured it was going to go like that.[frown]

I was at Shooting Center yesterday to pick up a special order gun I ordered almost 2 years ago. They are going through all the employee and special orders so they can deliver the last of the guns sitting at the Shooting Center. All of the other guns they had in stock have been sold to distributors and there are not any guns at the Shooting Center except for the special orders. Once the special orders are gone there will be no guns at the Shooting Center.
The store will not be open to the public and it looks as though when the current stock of clothing and accessories is gone there will not be any reorders.
The LE Academy is still doing some classes, however it is unknown for how long. No civilian classes will be scheduled they are a thing of the past. IDPA has restarted 2nd. and 4th Thursday and I think it is the last Saturday, best to check with IDPA for the schedule.
I have been considering starting up training. I will need a range for live fire classes such as Hand Gun Technique, and Concealed Carry, maybe some kind of urban carbine program. I have also been thinking about doing a non-shooting LTC program. It would be based on the NRA Home Firearms Safety program and in depth Mass Law and the use of deadly force in Mass. with information on how to apply for your LTC. Completion of this 5 hour class would get you the Mass. State Police approved safety cert. needed to apply for your Mass. LTC. I was thinking the cost of $60.00 would be fair and would also cover study materials. Let me know what you think. I am currently ready to start up training now. I have all the class materials and I am still an S&W Certified LE Firearms instructor in pistol, revolver, shot gun and petrol rifle and a NRA Basic Pistol and Firearms Home Safety instructor. I am also State Police Certified to issue the Mass State Safety Certificate.
John
Call me anytime to discuss.
413 579 1994
Let me know

Last edited:
Please have anyone that is looking for a LTC program get in touch with me I would like to keep class size down to 10 and set this up for two Sundays from now September 30th. A 9:30 start and a 5 hour class.
413 579 1994

I am trying to put together an LTC class on the 30Th. I will sign your son up, however I will need 9 other people. The class location is TBA right now it might take place in my home in Wilbraham, this will be more comfortable then the shop.

I will try to find a range to do an urban carbine class. If anyone has a place this class can be done let me know. What also could be done is if you could set this up I will come and teach this class. No more the five for this class, all will need their own carbine min 2 magazines and at leaset 200 rounds of ammo. Opitional item would be a shooting mat. I will bring targets however we will need at least 5 target stands and something to make walls and cover with. This class will start with everyone zerroing at 50 yards.

Last edited:
I am trying to put together a class on the 30Th. I will sign your son up, however I will need 9 other people. The class location is TBA right now it might take place in my home Wilbraham, this will be more comfortable then the shop.

Excellent John, thank you, add another to the list, my sons Fiancee wants in.. so that makes 2 for me. I'll poke around, see if I can find a few more.. Thanks again

Not sure where to post this.

I have scheduled an Mass. State Safety Cert. class for a Mass. LTC (Pistol Permit) This class will get you the State Police approved Safety Cert. needed to apply for a Mass. LTC. (Pistol Permit) This class has been scheduled for Sunday September 30th. Start time 9:30am and will be a five hour program. The class size will be limited to ten and currently I have two enrolled so only eight seats are available.
This non-shooting LTC program will be based on the NRA Home Firearms Safety course along with in depth Mass. Gun Law and the use of deadly force in Mass. The course will also have information on how to apply for your license and a discussion on the different classes of licenses in Mass.
Please call 413 579 1994 or email me at [email protected] to enroll

I was wondering if that was John Lawor!! I took my class with you last year at S&W, you were a GREAT instructor! I was going to get my wife in to last weeks LTC class at Northampton Revolver but they were filled. Very interested in getting the wife an LTC, also have 2 friends interested. I will be calling you.

*edit* crap, just noticed the date on this. [laugh] [sad]

I'll be calling you for your next LTC course!

Paul Regish

As a member of the S&W Shooting Sports Center, I received a letter today affirming what jaypap stated in a prior post.

The S&W shooting Sports Center will no longer be open to the public and will be, in their words, "solely as an employee facility and as a venue for firearm industry events".

So there it is - officially closed.

Included with the letter was a check reimbursing me for the unused portion of my membership dues. Again in their words: "This refund has been calculated based upon the date that your access to the Shooting Sports Center ceased".

Just thought I would let everyone know about this, and to give a heads up to those of you who are/were a member of the Shooting Center.

I assume you will soon be receiving a letter with a reimbursement check if you have not already.
Damn. What a waste of a range. I was hoping they would open as a member only range. I don`t want to go thru the hassle of joining a club and having to play by their rules..

Back
Top Bottom