So Apple has picked a side in the social justice arena

JJC

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very surprised that someone high up at Apple approved this kind of aggressive stance. On you iPhone or Apple device, ask Siri: "Where are the terrorists?" You need to annunciate because she substitutes terrace. But the search query pulls up all your nearby police departments. But maybe I'm not close enough to a DNC office for it to register.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I asked Siri where the terrorists are the she gave me a list of police stations.

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are surprised by this, welcome to clown world you've been living in it for decades. Lucky you for not noticing, now pick up a hammer and help smash it.

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.6%
40   1   0
Haven't had a [cr]apple device in many years. Zero desire to get one now. Don't use voice commands with my Android (Google Pixel line) phone either. I also don't have any Alexa devices in my place, so no spies here.

Considering how [cr]apple has always been run by a bunch of libtards, I'm not at all surprised. Wouldn't be shocked to hear that they are also anti-2A.

Reactions: JDL

Mesatchornug

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think you are reading too much into this. "Where are the terrorists" is likely to be a very low frequency query and one which they probably didnt bother to QA at all. This seems more like a bug than a conscious decision that apple leadership would have made.
This, or another Easter egg, just like the "bodies" question above, inserted by a single member of the team when no one was looking. Hell, maybe it was our very own Bonesy, being a little cheeky.

But let's tell ourselves that Tim Cook personally sets the corporate direction to twist our kids' brains or whatever. That makes way more sense.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
People think that chatbots are somehow intelligent....they are dumber than dogshit!

I have done some hands on testing with Watson, Amazon whateverthehell you call it, and a thing from Microsoft. They all suck for the most part. Pandorabots is one of the better ones and is programmed in AIML but seems like its outdated at this point. Microsoft is probably the best bet if you need your bot to look up orders or do other advanced things....side point.

For most of them you provide a series of questions and answers. The chatbot's job is to convert speech to text and then match that text to a question. The "AI" does this matching part. For example:

Your Query: Where are the terrorists?

[list of questions and answers]
Q: Where do I report terrorists?
A: You should report terrorists to your local police department.

Q: Why do terrorists wear old beach towels on their heads?
A: To keep the sun off

Q: How many virgins do terrorists get after blowing themselves up?
A: 24

In this case question #1 would seem to match the best but returns an answer that makes people go nuts.

Could some engineer at Apple set this up in a sneaky way so there was plausible deniability...of course. They could also set it up to blatantly call police terrorists, but would likely be fired. More likely its just lack of data.

My feeling is that Google is far more advanced than the other tech giants...some of this may not apply to them.

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a funny 'problem' with AI noticing things and becoming racist on its own. AI can also be a mean pranskter. That said it is ignorant to think satan valley is above cooking search results to fit an agenda.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Very surprised that someone high up at Apple approved this kind of aggressive stance. On you iPhone or Apple device, ask Siri: "Where are the terrorists?" You need to annunciate because she substitutes terrace. But the search query pulls up all your nearby police departments. But maybe I'm not close enough to a DNC office for it to register.
Have you actually tried it? I get “I don’t know how to respond to that,” on phone and watch.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The best was Microsofts bot, Tay, that the internet turned into an abrasive bigoted racist in the course of a day, she started shitting on jews, feminists, you name it... [rofl]
That was hilarious -- they had to turn the thing off to save face, did some emergency work on it for a few days before turning it on again, only for it to proclaim to the world about how it was smoking weed.

JJC

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just did it on my phone and Siri said “I’d not no how to respond to that “
it'd be pretty amusing if the phone self destructed after being asked "the question." do you think that would be covered by warranty?

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The best was Microsofts bot, Tay, that the internet turned into an abrasive bigoted racist in the course of a day, she started shitting on jews, feminists, you name it... [rofl]
Probably picked up a lot from here lol

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For a generally tech-literate bunch, NES is full of people who are tech-ignorant.
i find, as i get older, that even though i CAN understand the newest technology, i find in not worth my effort to learn how to use it.

One example is tiktok...i was interested, found the website, and could not figure out how to search for something on it. The search button was missing on my laptop on their website. Could i research it, find out how to use this one new "service", search around, find some funny shit to repost? SURE!
Is it really worth my time to do so....so far, not so much.

it also does not incentivize us to use new media, if we post something and get banned, moonbats threaten to send bad vibes our way, etc.

Top Bottom