• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, How do I become an Appleseed Instructor?

I think the time has come to lay it all out here, as the interest is growing, and we have no less than 5 Appleseed Instructors on this forum ranging from Master Instructor down to Instructor-In-Training.

Warning, the process is under revision as we speak, but won't be done or implemted until later this year.

Appleseed Trail method:

Attend 2 (regular, not mini) Appleseeds, shoot Rifleman (score 210 or better on AQT). Start training, being mentored by a Shoot Boss or Master Instructor, and if you get all bases covered in 3 (or more if need be) events, you get advanced up to Instructor, and work more Appleseeds, moving up the ladder. You usually have to work at least one event with a master Instructor.

Rifleman Boot Camp method:

Attend a week long Rifleman Boot Camp (RBC), shoot Rifleman (see above), start the same process, but move along it faster.

Instructor Boot Camp method:

Attend at least 1 Appleseed and shoot Rifleman. Get invited to attend (and make it there) a 3 to 4 day Instructor Boot Camp (IBC), with a connected Appleseed. Do 3 (or more) events and get made an Instructor.

Yeah, it sounds like the Appleseed Trail method is easiest, but it isn't. I did mine that way, as did Crak, and though we are good (real good), we worked HARD at it.

Best method is the IBC method, and we run IBC's as need be, and we even do them in New England and New York.

IBC's and RBC's are run by a Master Instructor, with regular Instructors assisting.

Back
Top Bottom