• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So i bought a governor

its not as hard as you may think

the governor.jpg

It's the model with the laser grips, not sure if I like them yet since I have not shot it, but it was the only model they had, so I had no choice

it will shoot 45 acp, 45 long colt. And 2 1/2 410 gauge shells, I'm impressed with the amount of ammo options this gun has from bird shot to 00 buck to slugs to 45 acp or 45 long colt,

It looks good and I just had to get it, its also a 6 shooter that apparently is a bit unique to revolvers of this kind.

Sadly it dose not fit any of my other revolver holsters so I will be in the market for another holster. I'm starting to get a collection of them now.

Last edited:
It's a rifled barrel so your pattern will grow quickly, but I've hit birds with a Governor on station 7 outbound without too much trouble.

22cal shot shells from 8, now THATS a challenge!

ive been trying to find one for a few weeks. seems they're always sold out whenever i get there.

Yup i got the last one they had, sorry man but i was as surprised as could be to find one of the guns i have been looking for in stock

ive been trying to find one for a few weeks. seems they're always sold out whenever i get there.

last time I was in the new Flint store they had 3 or 4 of them... I DO really want one, but its pretty low on my list as its one of the last ones to get banned...

last time I was in the new Flint store they had 3 or 4 of them... I DO really want one, but its pretty low on my list as its one of the last ones to get banned...

Ya i here ya, but its the only thing on my list i could find. I could not resist the temptation

I have a RH Black Desantis holster I bought @ Marlboro last fall, I asked for a left handed one and he said that they're reversible. I should know better than to listen to that guy, he's never steered me right yet. I'll trade ya the holster plus $200.00 for the Crimson Trace Grips if you don't want them.

I'm holding out for a Blackhawk Serpa like the one they make for the Taurus Judge

Blackhawk CQC SERPA Holster Fits Taurus Judge 3" Cylinder 410544BK R Matte | eBay

Or make your own like this guy did. I'll never have time to do that.
If you decide to make your own, make two & I'll buy one from you.

[video=youtube_share;ip9VHv2l2BI]http://youtu.be/ip9VHv2l2BI[/video]

Nice weapon, man - I've shot one before and was amazed at the weight and how despite its light proportions, that recoil was very manageable. Its definitely on my list and would absolutely carry it.

That said, I had great luck with SHTF Gear LLC for my 4506- very fast delivery and good quality. 4 Seasons had a few Desantis OWBs last time I was there for the governor.

I just got some shot shells for mine.

The shells are 000 with three .400 diameter 'pellets'. If I do my math correct, that's 3 .40 cal balls. The ammo box says they travel at 1200 ft/sec, but I assume that's out of a rifle, so I'd take a wild guess at between 800 and 900 fps out of the Governor.

Who says they don't make a good personal defense weapon with 3 .40 cal rounds traveling at .45acp speed. Then there's the .45lc and .45acp options!

Win, win as far as I'm concerned.

governor.jpg

the .45ACP aspect is killer. i used to own a thunder five and it was cool because it turned heads because WTF IS THAT? however i never did get the .45-70 cylinder for it and have since traded it away.

unfortunately you may find yourself bored with this thing since it is not very practical--with that said, come shoot pins with me this spring and summer and you'll put that bad boy to good use.

to answer pilgrim's post--i probably wouldn't use it as a HD gun personally, but it definitely packs a punch and i can see it in that scenario.

You bought a Governor? Most people only rent Governors, they generally buy Senators.

Seriously, I haven't been interested in one myself, but a couple of people have asked me about them and they seem like a pretty good home/camping/out in the woods self defense option. I suppose the Taurus Judge is comparable, but I don't know the details of that.

the .45ACP aspect is killer. i used to own a thunder five and it was cool because it turned heads because WTF IS THAT? however i never did get the .45-70 cylinder for it and have since traded it away.

unfortunately you may find yourself bored with this thing since it is not very practical--with that said, come shoot pins with me this spring and summer and you'll put that bad boy to good use.

to answer pilgrim's post--i probably wouldn't use it as a HD gun personally, but it definitely packs a punch and i can see it in that scenario.

I have to say i dont always buy things because of practicality, but i think i could find many ways to be entertained with this revolver vs some others on the market.

And yes i would love to see what this could do to some pins, and hay in a HD or PD situation i think it defiantly could do the job but im not thinking i would cary it as a every day ccw, but i would use it as a ccw possibly if i can find a holster i like.

It is different than the Judge in that SW quality is much better overall than any Taurus product. The Judge is a 5 shooter, not 6 and won't handle .45acp. It does come in several options, one of which is a 3 inch shot shell version and another is a revolving rifle version.

I suspect SW will come out with other versions as they seem to be good sellers.

I chose not to get the laser version and that saved me a couple hundred bucks or so. It was $650 last November.

It is different than the Judge in that SW quality is much better overall than any Taurus product. The Judge is a 5 shooter, not 6 and won't handle .45acp. It does come in several options, one of which is a 3 inch shot shell version and another is a revolving rifle version.

I chose not to get the laser version and that saved me a couple hundred bucks or so. It was $650 last November.

Guess ill be going to the store to find one then

I won a Govenor back in October and I havn't shot it yet, I keep thinking itsmore of a novelty gun than anything.

Yup,i would have not gotten the laser grips but nothing else was available.

Also depending on how i like it and availability of other models, i would not put it past my self to trade it for one that can chamber a 3" shell, just because.

Back
Top Bottom