So I have this knife

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
So I have this small fixed blade dagger I like. Obviously I can't carry it in MA. If I take and round off or make one edge blunt so it's now a false edge can I carry it?

Short answer is: it depends. I wouldn't carry a fixed blade, even though there is no state law against carrying a fixed blade knife. I don't know that "stiletto" or "dagger" are actually defined in state law, but I wouldn't want to find out while a cop was holding my knife. I would leave it at home and just carry a folding knife, keeping in mind that there are some parts of the state where blade length can get you jammed up.

I would go with yes, as per my recollection of ch269 (I think that's what law applies). I wouldn't consider any knife with a single blade to be a "dagger" but it's up to you as to the legal "risk" you'd like to take. For what it's worth I carry a fixed blade every day.

Truthfully find another knife.
Dulling out one edge and hoping you don't get jacked up isn't worth it.
It's still configured as a dagger and your rolling the dice.

I had a sharpening service blunt the swage of the Ontario SP1 I put in my get home bag, but that didn't start as a true dagger. As others have said, may not be worth the risk of getting jacked up and becoming a PP over...

I had a sharpening service blunt the swage of the Ontario SP1 I put in my get home bag.

Big mistake. You should have gone to a professional blunting place. Those sharpening hacks can really screw up a blunt job.

Holy crap I'm glad I'm out of Mass forever.

It's some big time Bizzaro world stuff when you can have a license to carry concealed firearms yet be jammed up because a knife becomes extra stabby just because it has an extra edge.[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom