• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, just how screwed is this guy?

The DA/cops must've f***ed something up, thankfully for junior. An outright dismissal is rare for this sort of thing.

-Mike
I'm not so sure. If the DA doesn't want to persecute the kid, they can let the judge do their dirty work without looking like they're soft on crime.

I'm not so sure. If the DA doesn't want to persecute the kid, they can let the judge do their dirty work without looking like they're soft on crime.

Yeah, in a rare case where one of them is slightly less than a dick about it.... but if that was the case, why bother with the whole dog and pony show?

I can't comprehend how you forget a gun in your car right after a range trip. ?
Especially with the political gun climate, and all the gun hate, I stay on my toes, don't want any trouble.

No sympathy here. Just dumb.

Unsure if wisecrack or serious - if serious, why?

This is why government should be forced to pay your legal bill when not found guilty. And also be liable for damages after.

I actually DO agree with you. But my inner devil's advocate can't help but notice we'd have paid for OJ's successful defense against the prosecution for the murder he committed.

Glad to hear that. I just hope that CT will not hold that against him like some places in MA might.

Unsure if wisecrack or serious - if serious, why?

I actually DO agree with you. But my inner devil's advocate can't help but notice we'd have paid for OJ's successful defense against the prosecution for the murder he committed.

Willing to eat the out liers to give everyone recourse against overreaching gov. I'd rather pay OJ then watch this guy get railroaded.

Especially with the political gun climate, and all the gun hate, I stay on my toes, don't want any trouble.

No. You are the one who is probably wrong. In most of the rest of the country, leaving a loaded firearm in your glove box is just basic safety 101.

A friend once had to look for a weapon which was fired in a robbery in Alabama. The weapon was thrown in a vehicle in the parking lot.

101 cars and trucks in the resuteaunt parking lot.
72 firearms found. Including the one used in the botched robbery.

No. You are the one who is probably wrong. In most of the rest of the country, leaving a loaded firearm in your glove box is just basic safety 101.

A friend once had to look for a weapon which was fired in a robbery in Alabama. The weapon was thrown in a vehicle in the parking lot.

#1. This isn't Alabama.

#2. And the last thing I want is my gun ending up in the hands of a thug.

That's 101 for me, in this stink hole of a state.

I dream of a place where firearms are no different than a screw driver, but that's far from reality here.

I was told he was informed he wasn't getting it back. But if they did give it back to him... and he doesn't have an LTC... couldn't they bust him again the minute he took possession of it?

It's a TRAP!

I would think the BPD could release the firearm to local FFL, who would send it to a CT FFL, who would transfer it back to the owner. It should not be rocket science. I guarantee there is a policy/procedure for it, whether or not they follow it is open to debate.

As far as getting it back - if the charges were dismissed it no longer has value as evidence and SHOULD be returned to the owner as it is not intrinsically illegal for him to possess. Just not HERE.

I was told he was informed he wasn't getting it back. But if they did give it back to him... and he doesn't have an LTC... couldn't they bust him again the minute he took possession of it?
I've filed motions to return property on three gun cases so far. First one, I picked it up from the PD and gave it to defendant's father-in-law, who was licensed in Mass and where junior lived, so could transport it for him.

Second one client got LTC back, and picked it up himself. Police refused to give him back his "large capacity" magazines. It was cheaper for him to buy replacements than pay me to get them back for him.

Third one was a truck driver from Alabama. I explained to the judge that I would pick it up and bring it to an FFL, that FFL would ship to an Alabama FFL, and he could pick it up from there. Client didn't want to pay the transfer fees, so the State Police still have it.

Why would you leave your gun in the car?
If something happens in the restaurant, you have to zig zag pattern out to your car
Didn’t you see PULP FICTION. LOL

Why would you leave your gun in the car?
If something happens in the restaurant, you have to zig zag pattern out to your car
Didn’t you see PULP FICTION. LOL

The restaurant is one of those Dunkin Donuts franchises inside a Post Office or is in Texas with binding signage prohibiting firearms are two cases that come to mind.

It's a TRAP!

I would think the BPD could release the firearm to local FFL, who would send it to a CT FFL, who would transfer it back to the owner. It should not be rocket science. I guarantee there is a policy/procedure for it, whether or not they follow it is open to debate.

As far as getting it back - if the charges were dismissed it no longer has value as evidence and SHOULD be returned to the owner as it is not intrinsically illegal for him to possess. Just not HERE.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's not at the thefthouse by now....

In a normal state where a gun is equivalent to a hammer, there'd probably be one gun in every car i owned, at all times.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom