So what's everybody making for the game on Sunday???

This Sunday: Homemade pretzels with knockwurst and mustard for main course with Kostritzer Schwarzbier. Using more of the beer to make a rosemary + beer creme brulee for dessert.
Super Bowl Sunday (regardless of who plays): crab cakes, fried oysters or oysters Rockefeller, fried or baked cod, and vanilla walnut cake with Madeira in the batter

Try this. I get requested to bring this to every party we're invited to since I 'discovered' this recipe in college 25 years ago. Also, any party Wifey gets invited to. It's stupid simple, but it's really good.

Cur's Taco Dip.

1lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (your favorite, I get old el paso)
1 16oz jar favorite salsa, chunky style (I use Tostitos med)
1 8oz sour cream (I use Cabot)
1 4oz cream cheese (I use Kraft)

Brown ground beef til almost done. Toss in crock pot. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa. Put crock on high.
Stir often till cream cheese is melted, maybe ever 5-10 minutes. When melted add in taco seasoning stir well, and place on low. Let is 'cook' for another hour then refridgerate until a couple hours before serving.
Just warm it up when ready.

Best with Tostito's Lime chips, in my opinion. But I have friends who eat it with a spoon.
I tried this tonight since it was simple. Two thumbs up. Thanks for sharing.

Pork chops with Beurre Blanc sauce you bunch of heathens.

For SB, I'll do wings and ribs. Because it SHOULD be warmer. It was cold grilling the chops. I made a pot roast in the crock pot on Monday and the "grilling porch," while covered in salt from the evening before. . . . WAS NOT MELTING. Crazy!

But as long as the temps get near freezing or so, I'll fire up the smoker for ribs. And then crock-pot/bake some wings. (I usually steam them then bake them, but watched a instapot video and thought, "just more time, but I could put them in the crock pot to pre-cook!")

Egg nog for sure. I still have about a quart left from December. Properly aged at this point.

For SB, I'll do wings and ribs. Because it SHOULD be warmer. It was cold grilling the chops. I made a pot roast in the crock pot on Monday and the "grilling porch," while covered in salt from the evening before. . . . WAS NOT MELTING. Crazy!

Lol, it was too cold for rock salt to work. Ice melt products have a temperature range and rock salt takes a vacation day if it's colder than 20 degrees out.

IMG_0491.PNG

Oh I know. My wife cheaped it out last year and got the regular rock salt instead of the "expensive stuff." She spent the savings on a nice scoop. ROFL!!!

It'll melt today. And it'll all be gone on Thursday.

Oh I know. My wife cheaped it out last year and got the regular rock salt instead of the "expensive stuff." She spent the savings on a nice scoop. ROFL!!!

It'll melt today. And it'll all be gone on Thursday.

Ooh, I do love me a good scoop though. I got a big red one at Ace hardware years ago and it served me well until I left it for the new owner of my house.

By left, I mean dropped it between the trash barrel shed and the house last year and never dug it out.
When I was cleaning out the house and moving I'd see it and I was like don't forget the scoop, don't forget the scoop, don't forget the scoop....and I forgot the scoop.

Oh this one is great. It's got a nice big hopper to it. And a 4-5" handle to make it easy to grip.

Of course, we are talking a 5gal pail, so the thing won't go horizontal in the pail, meaning you never EVER get a big scoop out of it. The old red Solo cup we used to use was far more effective. LOL

For the Super Bowl today....

so for today, I made my famous homemade meatballs and sauce...

that is to say I took a bag of frozen meatballs and a jar of sauce and threw it in the crockpot to cook all day. Some small rolls and provolone cheese should make some nice meatball sandwiches.

Also already started my jack, coke and brown sugar kielbasa in there other crockpot.

Later just before the game we have all the makings for cast iron pan pizza....so will be making some of those as well...

Have a new to me beer to drink today as well. Buddy of mine at work told me to try Blue Moon Belgian White. So I have a six of those to milk through the game...

and the wife is making a spinach and artichoke dip...

That should be enough.

Last edited:
Maybe twice baked potatoes for lunch, and pastrami and Swiss for supper/game. Chips and dip, nacho chips with salsa. Maybe our traditional rootbeer floats for the kids. My sister is bringing some shrimp. If I have time, I might go to BT's for some gumbo. I used to do chili or French onion soup or some pulled pork, but got pretty busy with something from Friday until this morning, so just going to take it easy.

I made a venison chili using Bear Creek Texas Style seasoning and added mild jalapeños.
On the Big Green Egg now are chicken wings that were brined in a solution of sea salt, sugar, white and black pepper, white vinegar, red pepper flakes and water then dusted with a sweet and spicy rub. When finished I’ll deep fry them for a nice crunchy skin.

Beers and Jack Daniels Master Distillers Series #5 to wash it all back. No idea what others are building for dishes.

Don’t care about the game. It’s all about the friends.

Maybe twice baked potatoes for lunch, and pastrami and Swiss for supper/game. Chips and dip, nacho chips with salsa. Maybe our traditional rootbeer floats for the kids. My sister is bringing some shrimp. If I have time, I might go to BT's for some gumbo. I used to do chili or French onion soup or some pulled pork, but got pretty busy with something from Friday until this morning, so just going to take it easy.
Add bacon to the twice baked.

For the Super Bowl today....

so for today, I made my famous homemade meatballs and sauce...

that is to say I took a bag of frozen meatballs and a jar of sauce and threw it in the crockpot to cook all day. Some small rolls and provolone cheese should make some nice meatball sandwiches.

Also already started my jack, coke and brown sugar kielbasa in there other crockpot.

Later just before the game we have all the makings for cast iron pan pizza....so will be making some of those as well...

Have a new to me beer to drink today as well. Buddy of mine at work told me to try Blue Moon Belgian White. So I have a six of those to milk through the game...

and the wife is making a spinach and artichoke dip...

That should be enough.

Sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom