So what's everybody making for the game on Sunday???

For the Super Bowl today....

so for today, I made my famous homemade meatballs and sauce...

that is to say I took a bag of frozen meatballs and a jar of sauce and threw it in the crockpot to cook all day. Some small rolls and provolone cheese should make some nice meatball sandwiches.

Also already started my jack, coke and brown sugar kielbasa in there other crockpot.

Later just before the game we have all the makings for cast iron pan pizza....so will be making some of those as well...

Have a new to me beer to drink today as well. Buddy of mine at work told me to try Blue Moon Belgian White. So I have a six of those to milk through the game...

and the wife is making a spinach and artichoke dip...

That should be enough.

3/4 cup of brown sugar spread on the bottom of the crock pot
14 oz of kielbasa sliced layered over the top of the sugar
Mixed 1/2 cup of coca cola with 1/4 cup ion jack Daniels and poured over the top
Mixed it all together
Put the crock on high for 2 hours
After two hours mixed in another 1/4 cup of brown sugar and switched to low

Just tasted after the third hour and you can really taste the Jack Daniel's. Nice flavor.

Needs to cook for about another hour...

I got me a good roast beef and some good rolls. Snagged 3 bottles of BBQ sauce on the hot/sweet side that I have never seen on the shelf before. Im going to make a large samitch, eat it, kick back and if all goes well I will be asleep before kick off! Oh and im banging out a pouch chili kit for dinner with shitburgermeet..

Country style pork ribs rubbed up with lots of goodies, including smoked paprika, covered in bacon, and slow cooking in the crockpot.
I dont own a smoker.
Baked potatos. Not sure what im going to do with them yet, but i will include more bacon. And cheese.

Homemade Twinkies, Football-shaped Chocolate Rice Crispy Treat, Buffalo-Chicken Dip, Pigs in a Blanket, Meatball Bar.

ok...we skipped the cast iron pizza. had everything else but we substituted the pizza for home made banana boat sundaes with a scoop each of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream....lol

Day late. Dallah short.

Buffalo wings. Cooked them for 4 hours in the crock pot, cooled and dried, baked em the rest of the way. No frying necessary.

Ribs. Oh GOSH ribs. I was at Tanny Hanny last week looking for St. Louis. All they got is Babybackbabybackbabyback. But they had one package. It was almost a CUBE of ribs. FAT! Took 5 hours to smoke em when I can normally do BBR's at 3.5 or so. Gosh they were good.

I attempted to turn my alcoholic egg nog into ice cream. Mega fail. Too high of a proof. It finally set, and was smooth and soft. And COLD AS F! It just dropped the freezing temp TOO low and made it impossible to eat. Defrost in drink in store, I guess.

Pigs in a blanket.

Pecan bars. Oh gosh. I killed about a half-tray of these things. So good. 20 min to make, 25 to bake. BAM!

Oh, and on Saturday I made up some roasted root veggies. I had TONS left over. Beets, Celery root, turnip, carrot, shallot. . . . I think that was it. Sunday bfst was hash made with that, leftover shredded Mexican pot roast from burritos earlier in the week. A few more shallots, some garlic powder, salt and ancho chile powder. BAM. Some over-easy eggs on that mofo. What a way to start a day! I called it Black Betty Hash because the beets darkened everything.

Super Bowl Sunday (regardless of who plays): crab cakes, fried oysters or oysters Rockefeller, fried or baked cod, and vanilla walnut cake with Madeira in the batter

Scratched the crab cakes for RI clear chowder, which came out well. Come to find out I love fried oysters (first time eating them), so that's good. Had fried cod and flounder as well. Covered the oysters and later fish in flour + hot paprika, egg wash, then yellow cornmeal. Fried in 50/50 veggie oil and butter. Came out very nice.

The cake though. I copped out and bought a pre-mix white cake (yes, we were serving white cake [Leo DiCaprio Django voice]) and added in toasted walnuts and bual Madeira. Drizzled with DIY powdered sugar frosting. Very, very rich cake. Excellent. Had some with vanilla ice cream during the game. Not cloying though.

Drinks menu consisted of extra dry white port in the chowder, champagne with the seafood (recommended with the oysters, too fruity for white fish but would probably go well with trout or salmon), and the bual Madeira with the cake/end of game toasting. Surprisingly, no hangover.

Back
Top Bottom