So What's Wrong with Glocks?

Most of the "I hate this or that" is just internet BS.---Mass-diver
How is someone's dislike of something any more BS then another's preference for the same thing? Unless there are agreed upon quantifiable traits to judge, then it’s all pretty much personal preference. Some love Glocks others hate them.

I’m comfortable with my choices in firearms and am not offended when someone chooses another. But what I find interesting is how personally some seem to take the issue and how dismissive they are of other peoples views.

Respectfully,

jkelly

How is someone's dislike of something any more BS then another's preference for the same thing? Unless there are agreed upon quantifiable traits to judge, then it’s all pretty much personal preference. Some love Glocks others hate them.

I’m comfortable with my choices in firearms and am not offended when someone chooses another. But what I find interesting is how personally some seem to take the issue and how dismissive they are of other peoples views.

Respectfully,

jkelly

It's just my personal experince. I've been shooting at several gun clubs for years (in MA). I always strike converstation about guns with people and ask them if to want to shoot my pistols. I'm yet to meet some who actually hates any high quality firearm. It's the same with my SOCOM if you read about them online you would think that I would be a risk of someone smashing it at the range. Instead everyone wants to shoot it.

Personal preference is one thing, but anyone that actually "hates" glocks and thinks they are "junk" has a screw loose. The same goes for people that hate 1911. These are both great platforms. If you don't them that fair enough, but for people to attack them as crap is way off base by any standard.

Holsters: Don Hume holsters represent a great value, I have four of them which I use regularly plus my pistol belt. There are other brands which cost more, and may be better made, but I think overall, Don Hume is hard to beat.

Glocks: I do not like any polymer pistols and that includes the S&W MP's. The only polymer pistol that I own is a Ruger P345 and with it as well as the S&W and the Glock, I get a certain kind of vibration in my hand (real or imagined?) that I don't feel when I shoot a metal or alloy framed pistol. It is a sensation that is hard to describe.

This does not mean that I don't respect the Glock, however, it is a proven winner with thousands of law enforcement agencies and military organizations using this brand world-wide. That in itself speaks volumes as does the endorsement of countless individuals who have privately purchased these weapons. I truly believe that a person could make a far worse choice in the selection of a personal defense sidearm.

If it is a gun that works for you, then I say go for it. In the meantime I will stick to my Sig P229 and Third Gen S&W semi-autos and S&W j frame for personal defense carry...but that doesn't mean I don't respect your choice of a Glock.

Mark L.

Personal preference is one thing, but anyone that actually "hates" glocks and thinks they are "junk" has a screw loose.
It never occurred to me that someone would use the term “hate” to mean anything other then to strongly dislike or to use “junk” to mean lacking in the qualities that they value. We posters are lazy people using synonyms to express what would take a sentence or more to define, such as your use of BS and screw loose.

My point is that the opinions of those who dislike Glocks are no more BS then those who like them regardless of how emotional either side may be.

Respectfully,

jkelly

my cousin has a whole series of glocks. he's a glock fanatic and dies for it. i shot almost all of them except the 3rd gen 23 i think. I have to say, i hate them. I always shoot low left and the grip is too bulky for my hand. Not to mention it has excessive amount of metal, plastic..... which makes it bulky. If you want a pic, here it is.

The right side is the glock, left is the mp. Both is .45
DSC01166.jpg

Here you can see the handle.... you'll see which one is the glock and why it's sooo bulky.
DSC01164.jpg

There ya go, that's why i Hate glocks. I've shoot many of them from a 9 to .45's. i've tried the new grip that you can add to the glocks... i still hated it. HOWEVER, it's great for someone who has BIG hands and likes simple field strip. Other than that, 1911 and beretta and the mp i have fits great in my hand.

Ps: for christ sake, the trigger needs some revolution. it makes me blind.

As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure. I've got a 3rd Gen Glock 30 and I love the grip. I wouldn't say I've got huge hands, but when I've got the gun in my hand, I feel like I am hold something.

What gun you like is strictly personal preference.

i had the hogue slip on grip on my 2nd Gen. G22 (when I still had it) and it would ride up during shooting.

i'm guessing it would have worked better on a compact or sub-compact glock 19/23/26/27 ect...

it don't feel I need one on my 3rd Gen. G23 - but i have to go shoot it soon too. :)

I have that slip-on grip on my G-23 and it works great. Although it makes an already bulky grip bigger for my small hands, the extra "grippyness" of it more than compensates for that problem.

they go bang every time I need them to. Bullet goes where I want it to go also. They run and run and run. Trust my life to them.

Never liked them, thought they were ugly, the hump seemed unnatural and that awful trigger! Still love 1911s but only shoot my Glock. Won't have it any other way.

Glocks

I own a G22 and a G23. Both have night sights and the G23 is my carry gun. My 1st gun was a 1st Gen G23. You can`t beat a Glock IMHO. I carry the G23 in a Mitch Rosen ARG. I also own a S&W1911 and a M&P 40. fullsize, Beretta 9000s and a Walther P99. I might stert carrying the M&P when I get night sights installed and buy a IWB holster from Mitch.

There's nothing wrong with a Glock. The bad things people tell you about Glocks are their own personal subjective experiences. If you don't like the grip angle or the mag release, that's not a gun problem, that's a user problem. Buy something else and shut up already.

G27 most everyday.

+1 [grin]

Last edited:
I have 3 glocks, a 32C, a 20 and 22...find the 3rd gen fits my hands better as well especially the SF. I like the G22 that's my carry when scouting in the woods, it's used and reliable and carries very light.

Nothing wrong with them IMHO.....good solid guns, nothing fancy, but they work.

I was hoping to sneak it in. This thread was nothing but a glock circle jerk and it was time the truth came in.

Damnedest thing about them dead horses - you see just one get up after being beat and you gotta beat them all just in case [smile]

Thanks for the feedback - I'll check MFL (as they are 10min from home) and post observations & questions thereafter.

Damnedest thing about them dead horses - you see just one get up after being beat and you gotta beat them all just in case [smile]

Thanks for the feedback - I'll check MFL (as they are 10min from home) and post observations & questions thereafter.

Jim Mcleod IS the go-to guy for Glocks. I stated in an earlier post that I am a member there and you can try out my two. Or rent from Jim.

Ed

I frequently carry a G19 IWB at 2 o'clock against my skin during the summer months. It's comfortable because the gun is rounded, and also it is impervious to sweat. I don't bother to oil the slide and just wipe the gun dry when taking it off. I have a stainless Kahr K40 that will literally rust on my body if worn against the skin.

The grip angle complaint might be related to what one "grew up with". Many 1911 users hate the Glock grip angle because it's not "right". I have the opposite experience because my first centerfire handgun was a Glock, which I've practiced a **lot** with. I have the muscle memory for the Glock which points where I look and, for me, the 1911 points low.

The first firearm I ever purchased was a Glock 27 from The Sports Authority in 1999 it was a 98 model , the only reason I got that one was because it was the only .40 cal they had in Glock

I wanted a full size pistol in . 40 cal so I settled and I have large hands so the 27 left a lot to be desired. I since got rid of that and purchased a full sized 22 which fits my hand perfectly and upgraded to a Bar Sto barrel which I waited 80 days for

I tried out a Sig Sauer at American Firearms School , it jammed on me twice ! I wrote it off as a high millage ranger gun I just didn't like the Sig although it fit my hand nicely , at some point I will get a 1911 I mean everyone should own at least one of them

Finepix269.jpg

gnb.jpg

gnb1.jpg

Glocks are good. You can throw it in a shit pile and it will still work.

Just don't expect in 100 years from now anybody will get anything on Antique roadshow for it.

Glocks are good. You can throw it in a shit pile and it will still work.
Just don't expect in 100 years from now anybody will get anything on Antique roadshow for it.

What are you talking about. I don't care how many years you wait, if you point the right end at them you'll get anything you want. :)

Bar Sto Barrel

The first firearm I ever purchased was a Glock 27 from The Sports Authority in 1999 it was a 98 model , the only reason I got that one was because it was the only .40 cal they had in Glock

I wanted a full size pistol in . 40 cal so I settled and I have large hands so the 27 left a lot to be desired. I since got rid of that and purchased a full sized 22 which fits my hand perfectly and upgraded to a Bar Sto barrel which I waited 80 days for

I tried out a Sig Sauer at American Firearms School , it jammed on me twice ! I wrote it off as a high millage ranger gun I just didn't like the Sig although it fit my hand nicely , at some point I will get a 1911 I mean everyone should own at least one of them

Finepix269.jpg

gnb.jpg

gnb1.jpg
How has the bar Sto barrel improved your Glock?

Back
Top Bottom