• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Soccer Tournament Rules

Both 8 and 11 take me out of the game.

11. Any activity which may reasonably be expected to produce any unusual, noxious or objectionable smoke, gas, vapor or odor;

I pretty much violated all of those when I was coaching. Imagine the committee of old biddies sitting around thinking these things up. "What else can we do to to make sure that no one has any fun and we have complete control?"

8. The possession of any "fire arm" whether licensed or not.

i wouldn't want a fire arm that would be freaky.

sooooooooooooo---refried beans for breakfast are a no-go

Breakfast, ha, I'm worried about the bean salad I had for dinner. as you age things take longer. I want to how you get a permit to set fire to your or somebody else's arm? Even though both would be against policy.

Seriously? Most of the MA Youth Soccer sanctioned tournaments take place on public school grounds. Which part of firearms are prohibited on school grounds do you not get? And even then, MA Youth Soccer isn't saying you can't own a gun or carry a gun, they are saying don't carry to your kid's soccer games.

As a dad and coach of two talented and very enthusiastic soccer players as well as a firearms owner and enthusiast, I'm quite all right with not being able to carry when I run practices or coach games and attend tournaments. Why? Because it's not about me and the infringement on my 2A rights., it's about my kids and their love of the game... [thinking]

*Edit* In before some jackass posts "Concealed means concealed"... which is great, right up until you print while at your kid's soccer tourny on school grounds and get arrested...

The Ma Youth Soccer complex is not at a school. Also, most towns that I know of use parks and not school grounds. Oh, and concealed means concealed.

To the OP, I am up there several times a year to referee. I have never seen any signage regarding no firearms.

Last edited:
I hate crap in my pockets. I take out my car keys and chapstick when I'm wearing shorts running around. I couldn't even imagine carrying. Besides, this stuff is usually at schools where our teams play.

Having coached soccer for many years and been on the coach side, I would suggest that for CC - concealed means concealed and don't worry about it. Open carry requires different considerations and is a different balance for you to weigh. Just don't make a big deal about it. If you can CC, do you really need an AR at kid's soccer match? Think about why you carry and act upon that. Keep it "casual" and everyone should be at ease. If somebody makes a "stink", keep it casual and let them look like the unreasonable person. As a coach, I would suggest that people are there for the soccer, not 2A politics.

Seriously? Most of the MA Youth Soccer sanctioned tournaments take place on public school grounds. Which part of firearms are prohibited on school grounds do you not get? And even then, MA Youth Soccer isn't saying you can't own a gun or carry a gun, they are saying don't carry to your kid's soccer games.

As a dad and coach of two talented and very enthusiastic soccer players as well as a firearms owner and enthusiast, I'm quite all right with not being able to carry when I run practices or coach games and attend tournaments. Why? Because it's not about me and the infringement on my 2A rights., it's about my kids and their love of the game... [thinking]

*Edit* In before some jackass posts "Concealed means concealed"... which is great, right up until you print while at your kid's soccer tourny on school grounds and get arrested...

Dear mav...

Progin Park is not a school, as you would have learned had you bothered to click on the link and read - it is a massive sports complex build by MA Soccer.

The fact that MA Youth Soccer tries to prevent LTC holders from carrying despite there being no harm caused by the practice is reprehensible, but par for the course in MA. Still, not something to enable, like you feebly attempt to do in your post.

If you are quite all right with not being able to carry in some venues because some idiots have a pathological fear of firearms, you are quite all right with eliminating the second amendment... seeing how the sheep is afraid of firearms everywhere, not only around soccer fields. If their fear trumps your rights around soccer fields, it does so everywhere.

Have you learned nothing from the decade after decade or "reasonable compromise" with the antis? Apparently not.

I quit playing soccer when 'touching' someone was considered a yellow card. Back in the day, when soccer was fun, it was almost like rugby with a round ball.

I quit playing soccer when 'touching' someone was considered a yellow card. Back in the day, when soccer was fun, it was almost like rugby with a round ball.

I've played in the OTHSL soccer league for over ten years and I have only one yellow card... but I've "touched" plenty of someones and vice-versa. Might want to consider starting playing again :)

Dear mav...

Progin Park is not a school, as you would have learned had you bothered to click on the link and read - it is a massive sports complex build by MA Soccer.

The fact that MA Youth Soccer tries to prevent LTC holders from carrying despite there being no harm caused by the practice is reprehensible, but par for the course in MA. Still, not something to enable, like you feebly attempt to do in your post.

If you are quite all right with not being able to carry in some venues because some idiots have a pathological fear of firearms, you are quite all right with eliminating the second amendment... seeing how the sheep is afraid of firearms everywhere, not only around soccer fields. If their fear trumps your rights around soccer fields, it does so everywhere.

Have you learned nothing from the decade after decade or "reasonable compromise" with the antis? Apparently not.

Sorry hoss, I subscribe to the theory that as a guest you follow the rules of the host. If they don't want you carrying, so be it. As to that particular location, I haven't been there. Having said that, at least 3/4's of my kids travel and club team games have been at fields in and around schools. This one tourney might not be at a school, but why bother taking the risk? Even parking on school grounds with a firearm in the car could jam you up if you get caught. Again, you there for soccer or to make a point about your 2A rights?

And no, I'm not for abolishing 2A. Your statement is typical NES "If you dont' agree with me and allow me to carry whatever whenever then you suck and your as bad as those gun-grabbing liberals". If you've been around as many soccer games as I have, then you know that parents suck big time and too often parents engage in arguments with referees, players, and coaches. Personally, I don't want those angry tards anywhere near a gun and my kids at a match given their complete lack of control of their emotions at a sporting event.

[Personally, I don't want those angry tards anywhere near a gun and my kids at a match given their complete lack of control of their emotions at a sporting event.

So you've morphed this into a situation where, a licensed gun owner could possibly draw on an individual, during an argument. Great job.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Junta

I worked with Junta's sister, when this came about she was seeking donations for his defense, I told her if the situation involved him and me, he'd be dead and I'd be looking for defense funds.

Sorry hoss, I subscribe to the theory that as a guest you follow the rules of the host. If they don't want you carrying, so be it. As to that particular location, I haven't been there. Having said that, at least 3/4's of my kids travel and club team games have been at fields in and around schools. This one tourney might not be at a school, but why bother taking the risk? Even parking on school grounds with a firearm in the car could jam you up if you get caught. Again, you there for soccer or to make a point about your 2A rights?

And no, I'm not for abolishing 2A. Your statement is typical NES "If you dont' agree with me and allow me to carry whatever whenever then you suck and your as bad as those gun-grabbing liberals". If you've been around as many soccer games as I have, then you know that parents suck big time and too often parents engage in arguments with referees, players, and coaches. Personally, I don't want those angry tards anywhere near a gun and my kids at a match given their complete lack of control of their emotions at a sporting event.

I FTFY below, but honestly, I should not have bothered - the original is good enough and is now preserved permanently.

Personally, scared people like me don't want those angry gun owners anywhere near a gun and their kids anywhere given their complete lack of control of their emotions at any time.

If you are for restricting 2A because of your feeling of insecurity over what other people might do, you should provide some testimony to "Everytown for gun safety" - they are looking for new talent.

They can use your original paragraph bolded above as proof that gun owners are in favor of sensible, common sense gun control.

P. S. I played and watched soccer for 40 years - there is no reason to restrict CCW at soccer games, just like there is no reason to restrict CCW anywhere else. You can always find a reason to be scared by other people if you look hard enough - you chose let that fear rule your life... sad.

Who reads signs? Does anyone really pay any attention to these instructions?

It is selective enforcement. Just like at state parks, where it says "Alcohol Prohibited!", then there are bins for "Beer and wine containers only".

I FTFY below, but honestly, I should not have bothered - the original is good enough and is now preserved permanently.

If you are for restricting 2A because of your feeling of insecurity over what other people might do, you should provide some testimony to "Everytown for gun safety" - they are looking for new talent.

They can use your original paragraph bolded above as proof that gun owners are in favor of sensible, common sense gun control.

P. S. I played and watched soccer for 40 years - there is no reason to restrict CCW at soccer games, just like there is no reason to restrict CCW anywhere else. You can always find a reason to be scared by other people if you look hard enough - you chose let that fear rule your life... sad.

No shit. Sounds like something right from the Mom's Facebook page

Back
Top Bottom