Social media "parking lot party" in Methuen , 7 people shot

wrong that's West Lawrence it's still on the east side of route 93 it's Lawrence. the other side of 93 on Pelham Street isn't all that bad once you get past the little commercial area on Pelham Street where the Shaw's Warehouse is

Nothing good happens at a "pop-up" party anywhere at 1:55 AM on any day. I have no doubt that soon some of the usual suspects will be rounded up for interviews.

"Youts."

Methuen police Chief Scott McNamara said that at about 1:55 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to 100 Lindberg Ave. after multiple 911 callers reported a shooting in that area.

My wife’s family lives about 6 minutes from there. Glad I already owned elsewhere when I met her.

It is a dead end street, who parties on a dead end street that backs up onto Rt 93 with no escape route for when the cops block the street off?

Part of this is related to Social Media. Once word gets out that there's a party, then all sort of people start to show up. Inevitably some of them are from different gangs and then the fights break out. Once the fight starts the weapons will come out.

The shooters don't care about random people who are there, so if one gets shots that's just their tough luck.

I responded to a lot of that over the years in Boston. One, which involved just a fight was on the campus of Emmanual College. Emmanual gave a lot of scholarships to inner city girls. They had parties and invited their boyfriends with the inevitable results. No such problems across Brookline Ave at Simmons.

Remember when you used to go to a party to try and get laid? These kids are doing it wrong.

Nothing of value was lost.
It’s easy to get caught up thinking that. I usually fall into that trap myself. This one is a bit different as one of people hit is an employee of mine. Just graduated high school and loves cars. Not gang affiliated. Got hit in the neck running away. Surgery went well but he hasn’t woken up yet.

It’s easy to get caught up thinking that. I usually fall into that trap myself. This one is a bit different as one of people hit is an employee of mine. Just graduated high school and loves cars. Not gang affiliated. Got hit in the neck running away. Surgery went well but he hasn’t woken up yet.
He's awake and moving all of his limbs. That's a relief.

Often people who had no part in whatever the beef was get caught in the cross fire. One call I was on was a shooting down on Geneva Ave in Dorchester. We got there and one guy had a minor wound in his foot. We were talking to him when another guy ran up to the ambulance with a young woman in his arms. She was dead from a gun shot wound through her torso.

She wasn't part of anything going on, just in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught a stray round.

Back
Top Bottom