• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

softest shooting full size 9mm

I have a Star B. I have a 92FS. I have a P226. By far the 92FS is the "softest". It is also the heaviest. It is also a double stack that might not be able to be held properly by small hands. My answer to your question is a 92FS but it might not be the question you meant to ask.

I'd find a pistol that fits her well and then work up some reduced loads that run in that pistol. If you don't reload places like Atlants Arms http://www.atlantaarms.com should be able to hook you up.

For factory ammo I would suggest an all steel framed gun. You want plenty of weight in it
If you reload, any gun can be tailored to 'shoot softly'. Paul has seen how soft my M&P 5" runs on barely minor power factor 147g bullets with a fast powder

I have a S&W 1911 in 9 mm and it's a pussy cat shoot but it's not cheap. Another suggestion is a CZ 75 if you can find one. If you're in the area I have several 9 mm pistols you could try starting with the Smith &Wesson,P89,92fs,CZ 75 and a Sig 225.

GO to Mass Firearms Academy in Holliston and rent/try all of them.... pick the one that feels best... That's how I got my first pistol. If Attleboro is more convenient try American Firearms School. THe only issue with American Firearms SChool is that if you rent their guns you have to buy the ammo from them... let's just say their prices are a little higher than Walmart.

Softest shooting 9 has been out of production for decades and that was the Lahti, big, heavy.

I'd go with the Browning Hi Power overall, followed by the M9 if your hands can accommodate the large frame or a full sized all steel 3rd Gen S&W 5900 series. (Good deals can still be had on these guns)

Yup. 9mm Major isn't soft shooting and the muzzle blast isn't friendly for a new shooter.

I made the mistake of having my kids come stand next to me at a USPSA match at HSC.... I should have noticed they guy about to run the stage was running the loudest 38 super I've ever heard....

Scared the shit out of the kids even with 2 layers of ear protection (oops)

3b1367820b88edb93c16a8431931880e.jpg

99467961a03d8096e522009731a5973d.jpg

d2a349c9c1174a460c7ce346c01554af.jpg

65ae0cc4d4b663ca2252505cd501a201.jpg

Low recoil....

Reds

"Exclusivity is for everyone. Try us! You'll find us refreshing."

CZ 75 SP 01 Shadow. It has a relatively small grip for a high cap gun and a low bore axis to reduce muzzle flip. As it is all steel and weighs close to 40 oz its weight also helps dampen recoil. Good ergonomics and heavy weight are the best ways to tame recoil, short of a comp.

I'd find a pistol that fits her well and then work up some reduced loads that run in that pistol. If you don't reload places like Atlants Arms http://www.atlantaarms.com should be able to hook you up.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Adding, if you do not reload, buy 147gr loads to start with. I have found heavier bullet loads are not as harsh on the hands.

Back
Top Bottom