• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SOLD

Beautiful example of a S&W model 39-2 in perfect shape with original box. $700.00

The Smith & Wesson Model 39 semi-automatic handgun served U.S. Navy SEALs during the Vietnam War and then went on to become one of the American nine-millimeter high capacity pistols, the Model 59. In 1967, the Illinois State Police adopted the Model 39 into their Law Enforcement departments and that move literally helped push most of the other Law Enforcement agencies into semi-automatic pistols and out of revolvers forever! The Model 39's history starts way before that time. Smith & Wesson aggressively worked with the US Army to develop a new pistol and when the military decided to stay with the 1911, this new weapon went on sale to the civilian market as the first generation of semi-automatic pistols. The news about the dependable performance and high capacity (15 round magazine) of the Model 39 spread quickly and the gun was put into action by the US Navy Seals which gave the 39 even more traction as a superior battle-tested weapon. This was the first U.S. designed double action semi-auto on the market and later versions were developed to mimic the German Walther P38.

PM or contact at [email protected]

Many of the firearms posted are consignment and have not been test fired. We are not armorers and recommend that all firearms purchased be examined by a gunsmith before use. Final price may not include $25 FFL transfer fee. Transfer will be conducted at store in Bridgewater. Shipping to FFL only. All Federal and Massachusetts laws will be followed. 3% fee for all credit card transactions. 6.25% Massachusetts sales tax added to all in-state transactions. All firearms and ammo sales are final. Contact first with any questions.

Statement of Legal compliance:
I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. If the firearm is to be shipped, you must provide me with a signed copy of your dealer's FFL (or your 03FFL if this is a Curio and Relic). I will meet all applicable state and federal laws.

When ammunition, magazines or other regulated items are sold/bought or traded as part of this transaction, I agree to follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to these items.

Attachments

• SW model 39 - 1.jpeg
    SW model 39 - 1.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 134
  • SW model 39 - 2.jpeg
    SW model 39 - 2.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 129
  • SW model 39 - 3.jpeg
    SW model 39 - 3.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom