Some CZ’s made the MA Firearms Roster (Target list)

DW357

NES Member
I never thought CZ would get some of their guns on the MA firearms roster. In this case the Target roster. Yes I don’t care about the roster and know how to get offlist guns. I was just surprised honestly. Maybe they’ll continue getting the rest of their hundreds of gun models on the list?😂

Doesn’t really affect many who know how to get them but nice to see nonetheless.

Also the Taurus TX22 competition made the list too. I have the standard model and it’s awesome. Only difference between the 2 is the slide. Standard slide can be bought direct from Taurus FWIW.

I never thought CZ would get some of their guns on the MA firearms roster. In this case the Target roster. Yes I don’t care about the roster and know how to get offlist guns. I was just surprised honestly. Maybe they’ll continue getting the rest of their hundreds of gun models on the list?😂

Doesn’t really affect many who know how to get them but nice to see nonetheless.

Also the Taurus TX22 competition made the list too. I have the standard model and it’s awesome. Only difference between the 2 is the slide. Standard slide can be bought direct from Taurus FWIW.

Also nice to see the Springfield Hellcat on the new list.

Being on roster has some value, whether it’s “uncool” to admit it on NES or not.

I learned this the day I sent a POS Kahr PM9 back to the factory for repair and they would only replace it with a roster-listed model (w/safety).

Whaaaat? How does that even work.

Pretty sure I sent mine (free-state version) in years ago and they had no issue sending it back.

Pretty sure I sent mine (free-state version) in years ago and they had no issue sending it back.

Sent a non-roster firearm back to S+W/Walther for repair, got the gun back no issues, but they didn't have to replace the frame.

So which new CZs are worth more than MA $850 Glocks and which are worth less than MA $850 Glocks?

I sent a gun back to Magnum Research, which is owned by Kahr (so I would assume they have similar policies) and the guys didn't give a f*ck.

The best thing about being on the approved roster is the effect on prices.
Doesn't necessarily bring the price down, demand for the gun increases, is supply increasing?

I never paid attention to this, but would be interesting if someone had data on before and after prices. My bet is, on expensive, quality guns, prices don't change, maybe they increase.

I am talking about good, quality guns - not some POS Taurus or Shield type of gun that people dump when the next accessory gun is released.

Doesn't necessarily bring the price down, demand for the gun increases, is supply increasing?

I never paid attention to this, but would be interesting if someone had data on before and after prices. My bet is, on expensive, quality guns, prices don't change, maybe they increase.

I am talking about good, quality guns - not some POS Taurus or Shield type of gun that people dump when the next accessory gun is released.
My experience/observation is that supply increases because FFLs start stocking them and selling them, and shortly after, prices come down. I remember when a bunch of HK pistols weren’t MA approved, and prices were through the roof (when/where you could find them generally private party). Then they were added to the roster, and became readily available, with prices coming down significantly. Same with when Colt 1911s were added to the roster. 1911s across the board - Series 80s, Model O, etc were $1200-$1500 and more when they weren’t “approved”. Then when added to the roster, you could then get Colt 1911 Target models for $870. I mean, look at the MA premium on Glock prices, vs Glocks in NH (or literally everywhere else).

Now question is, did the CZs *also* make it onto Healey's super secret list? Or is this just the first level list that even Glock Gen 5s are on but no dealer will transfer?
They don’t have a secret AG list. You take the EOPS list, start there, then apply the three tests (loaded chamber indicator, 5 year old test, and independent drop test verification). If on the EOPS list and yes applies to the other three, then it’s “approved”.

Last edited:
They don’t have a secret AG list. You take the EOPS list, start there, then apply the three tests (loaded chamber indicator, 5 year old test, and independently drop tested). If on the EOPS list and yes applies to the other three, then it’s “approved”.
Still trying to figure out why my HK VP9 was legal for a dealer to sell to me. A 5 year old kid could easily pull that stock trigger.

I think some prices will come down a bit, but for the most part the people who were looking for a TSO, Czechmate, TS2 already knew how to get them. So it probably won't be a huge dip in prices. The MSRP on them have all gone up over the last year anyway, so it's probably a wash on pre list approval vs now.

Still trying to figure out why my HK VP9 was legal for a dealer to sell to me. A 5 year old kid could easily pull that stock trigger.
Don't you know that Glocks are wicked killy and HKs are not. Also they don't know what an HK is let alone that their not super killy like the evil Glocks. Glocks make bullets tumble and make them wicked killy.

I think some prices will come down a bit, but for the most part the people who were looking for a TSO, Czechmate, TS2 already knew how to get them. So it probably won't be a huge dip in prices. The MSRP on them have all gone up over the last year anyway, so it's probably a wash on pre list approval vs now.
Agreed.

Now question is, did the CZs *also* make it onto Healey's super secret list? Or is this just the first level list that even Glock Gen 5s are on but no dealer will transfer?
Click on the link in my OP. The CZ's are on the TARGET roster not the regular firearms roster. I believe the guns that get added to the target roster do NOT have to go through all of the heat, drop testing etc. like the other roster.

Back
Top Bottom