• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I don't see a gash in the rim unless you're talking about that mark by the 3? That looks like ejector mark (not extractor) to me. Nothing compared to what a Hakim does to its brass. The pits on the piston look pretty superficial to me, nothing I'd be worried about. Could be just bits of chrome plating that flaked off?

I'm assuming your other AKs are 7.62x39 though? Big difference between .308 and those, the bolt is going to come back with a lot of force. If you can pull the bolt back and lock it, take a look and see if you can see the ejector sticking up just in front of the bolt face. I bet it matches up with that mark.

If you call that a defect, maybe its time to stop playing with ex-communist guns.

Ha. Just harassing you. None of that stuff looks worrisome. Also remember that one of the keys to the Kalashnikov type guns reliability is that the operating system puts a huge amount of energy into the bolt. Its big and heavy and it moves a long distance and it moves quickly.

The better to extract dirty cases from a dirty chamber and the better to strip a dirty round off a dirty mag into a dirty chamber.
This means that if everything is clean and working right, it might beat up your brass a bit.

Take the gloves off , rub your hands and rifle in mud puddle wipe with dirty rag then apply some bacon grease to hands and rifle , then go shoot that thing!

Back
Top Bottom