• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some powders in stock at Glenn’s Ammo North Reading, MA

DW357

NES Member
Just thought I’d pass this along. Left Glenn’s Ammo in North Reading this morning with a pound of H110 and HP-38 (last ones he had actually).
But he’s got some one pounders of H4895 ($36.95), H4350 ($35), AA9 (didn’t catch the price sorry), and an 8lb jug of 2400 powder ($195). Those were the only ones that peaked my interest. He had a bunch of others powders I’m not familiar with. Give the shop a call.

Shoot. I was just down that way at a site site work. I should have stopped by. Not sure I can even buy things in Mass however anyways.

Yeah didn't think so. I really should pick up my mass license. I just don't feel like going down to Everett.
I don’t believe the non resident allows you to purchase any ammo/primers, powder, brass as it’s all considered ammo. The non resident is strictly for carrying only not purchasing. Lame I know.
@Len-2A Training did I get this one right?

I don’t believe the non resident allows you to purchase any ammo/primers, powder, brass as it’s all considered ammo. The non resident is strictly for carrying only not purchasing. Lame I know.
True, at least from dealers. I've not researched the language to determine if non-dealers who are NRs with NR LTC can buy/sell . . . and I don't care as I don't work for the MA AG!

BTW: If one wants to believe the AG BS, NO DEALERS who don't have an Ammo Dealer's License from the town that the gun show is located (even MA Dealers) can't sell ammo at gun shows. No out of state dealers either. Yet, they do and nobody cares.

Yeah that's insane. I used to have a resident LTC, but it went away when I moved.

I still should probably get a mass nonresident license anyways since I work in the state. Not that I'm supposed to carry at work anyways.

True, at least from dealers. I've not researched the language to determine if non-dealers who are NRs with NR LTC can buy/sell . . . and I don't care as I don't work for the MA AG!

BTW: If one wants to believe the AG BS, NO DEALERS who don't have an Ammo Dealer's License from the town that the gun show is located (even MA Dealers) can't sell ammo at gun shows. No out of state dealers either. Yet, they do and nobody cares.
Huh, I never actually thought about the whole gun show with out of state dealers. What a joke.

Rolled the dice, drove to Glenn's today, was able to snag some CCI SRM primers today. Powder was very limited. Going to try to hold out until he gets some more in. Great store, Glenn is good people.
No shit. I honestly didn’t bother looking to see if he had primers when I was there as he’s been wiped clean every other time 😂
What was he charging for those?

Sorry I don't live in Mass and don't know.
No worries. This might answer your questions. May remind you of the policy "don't ask, don't tell". Mass laws will give you a headache.

No shit. I honestly didn’t bother looking to see if he had primers when I was there as he’s been wiped clean every other time 😂
What was he charging for those?
Lol. So I automatically assumed they would be behind the counter, like a lot of stores. I came in, asked if he had any primers, he gave me a look like I was stupid, and said they are on the shelf and I should take the long walk over there to get them.
$50 for the SRM, which translates into at least $200 in the classifieds. It works out great, I have a bunch of Berger ammo that uses small primer brass. Just need to run into the pistol primer fairy now.

Can you guys in Mass order powder or primers through the mail or do you have to go to an FFL?
Yes we can. Legally. However lots of online vendors won't sell to mass residents due to the attorney generals reign of power hungry bulllshit threatening online vendors with lawsuits if any of the ammo they sell to a mass resident is used in a crime.

A few will sell to mass residents once we send a copy of our LTC to them. It's a common practice here on nes to not say who those vendors are in posts....so they don't end up getting a nasty gram from the AG as well

I stopped by Glenn's today and he has a good amount of projectiles both new and pre-owned (estate buyouts I assume) and powders which looked to be mainly rifle. Also has brass in various calibers and various ammo (new & surplus). A bunch of pre-owned dies as well, I picked up an RCBS neck sizing die that looks to have never been used for $25 bucks.

I stopped by Glenn's today and he has a good amount of projectiles both new and pre-owned (estate buyouts I assume) and powders which looked to be mainly rifle. Also has brass in various calibers and various ammo (new & surplus). A bunch of pre-owned dies as well, I picked up an RCBS neck sizing die that looks to have never been used for $25 bucks.
I feel like I’m going to regret not buying the 30 Carbine Bullets he had.

Glenn seems to do a lot of estate clean-outs. I asked him about it once and he said guys he used to shoot with had been dying off. Glenn used to be a high-power shooter, and he seemed to occasionally get some pretty interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom