• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Someone breaks in - Do you yell that you're armed or not?

Best case scenario:

You: I'm armed!
Them: ME TOO!
You: Yeah? What do you carry?
Them: I have a....
You: Cool, What do you think about it?

And then it turns into a chat about firearms, followed by a peaceful arrest. when the cops finally get around.

I know, it won't go down like that, but wouldn't it be nice?
Followed by a what's your NES handle?

Someone breaks into my house in the dead of night, I'm letting the Roscoe do the talking.

I'm not giving up the advantage by advertising my location or capabilities.

Whatever comes of that down the road, I will take that when the time comes. At least I'll be alive. If someone breaks into your home while you're home, the only sane and logical conclusion is that they are there with specific intent to do you harm. Why help them by announcing where you are, or that thry need to roll heavy to proceed? How does that help you survive?

The security cameras will go off if there is so much as a rabbit wandering around and I will get a ding on my phone

The dogs will discourage anyone trying to get in or otherwise

I'm not warning anyone, if they are in the house uninvited they had to force their way in, I respond to force with force.

announcing you are armed is giving away your location and you never do that or give up cover.

I know in FL I am pretty well covered legally, NH not as much but I'm sure better off than I was in MA

No announcement because it's a gift of knowledge to the shitstain. If you break into where my kids sleep, it's not my job to de-escalate or make the fight fair. Wife hides with our kids and calls the police, a mixture of cameras and proximity lights means I can tag an intruder through the drywall before they even make it to the hall towards our bedrooms. I hope to god this never happens though because I hate patching and painting.

Best case scenario:

You: I'm armed!
Them: ME TOO!
You: Yeah? What do you carry?
Them: I have a....
You: I have a PSA upper on an Anderson lower!
Them: puts $20 on the ground and apologizes for breaking your door. drives off

I've always thought yelling, "Is that some man-meat for me to a##-f#)@??? Cuz I'm horny. Let's go!!!! WOOO!!!!" would be effective. Most guys are so masculinely insecure as to run their afraid-they-are-gay asses right out the door.
Just have this banger queued up at maximum volume..... 🤣

ETA: it took me most of my adult life to figure out that the easter rabbit was passing out rubbers....

View: https://youtu.be/wpK-rgxXvHU

Was just watching this older video discussing whether you announce to an intruder that your armed or not. Good points both for and against doing that. I'm thinking I'd announce I'm armed and are about to have a very bad day. Never really thought about this before, but interesting discussion.

no shoot first, dead men tell no tales

I was living in Albuquerque when I bought my first gun(s). I asked the woman in the gun store this same question. I was serious, it was 30 years ago. There were a lot of burglaries and home invasions at the time. Her answer: "No way! You hide behind a piece of furniture and shoot them when they come into view". Maybe that's just NM law.

WAT? If you see them turn and run way, how do you think they are attacking ?and why shoot them in the back.
for legal reasons, this is joke: well obviously you put one in the back, then go flip them over, and put 2 in their chest so that mathematically it looks like they were advancing.

Was just watching this older video discussing whether you announce to an intruder that your armed or not. Good points both for and against doing that. I'm thinking I'd announce I'm armed and are about to have a very bad day. Never really thought about this before, but interesting discussion.

I have an intense interest in electronics. Weird stuff happens around me.

Break into my house and you might find the alarm blasting this at skull shattering volumes:

Back
Top Bottom