• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Something fun for a change

GM-GUY

NES Member
A52A07BB-70C3-4EB8-AB92-FBF8B4D950A2.jpeg

As some of you might remember I spoke previously of putting full auto parts under glass and labeling with ‘Break Glass in case of SHTF’ or similar.

Well, I made a couple and gave them out to persons who will not be named. They were a pain in the ass, lexan shelves, glue, hold downs; fabrication took forever and usually needed rework because my fingers are the size of hot dogs.

The above is my latest prototype version, I might offer these for sale. Fabrication is much easier. This is unfinished, but thinking darker stained rails, white paint on the back to make the parts pop, I also need to include the springs for full effect.

These aren’t cheap / parts alone are $140 plus material plus time. Something I’m putting on my shelf after I get it painted/stained.

My wife has fabric - I like it.

That wood was just scrap laying around, not yet sanded or final fitted - the back is in a groove so it’s just a friction fit for now.

What do they call that constructive possession?

How could we have a thread like this and not wax poetic about nuances in firearms law? [rockon]

Love it. A fabric (felt?) lining is a great idea.

Maybe also use over-length screws with spacers to hold the parts off the backer?

If I were trying to simplify the manufacturing process for myself, I would use a laser cutter or CNC gantry to place the holes on the back plate and to engrave the window. Then I could put T-nuts into the backer for the screws.

Back
Top Bottom