sounds of gunfire in Norton

Going on right now 10am. and has been on since about 9:45am. sounds like it's coming from somewhere northern part of Norton and Taunton line. not just isolated hunting/shoots but rather rapid fire of more than two rifles. To my knowledge there is no ranges in this part of Norton or Taunton, but that's exactly what it sounds like - multiple people firing rifles, heard from the distance.

any knowledge of what might be going on, anyone?

Going on right now 10am. and has been on since about 9:45am. sounds like it's coming from somewhere northern part of Norton and Taunton line. not just isolated hunting/shoots but rather rapid fire of more than two rifles. To my knowledge there is no ranges in this part of Norton or Taunton, but that's exactly what it sounds like - multiple people firing rifles, heard from the distance.

any knowledge of what might be going on, anyone?

People having fun in their back yards?

When I lived in Norton I know the PD would shoot by the water dept in the pits. They where still doing it until I sold my house last fall. I know a few folks who shoot in the pit/power line area aswell.

Well it could be free men doing free men things with no regard for the state.

Honestly, if the rounds are not directed at me or my stuff, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry, Ed, I forgot my sarcasm tags. My bad.

To the OP... if the gunshots aren't followed by screams of pain, you probably shouldn't lose sleep over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dog shows.... Oh boy here we go.

Hey, it was right there. I couldn't help myself. There are NES quotas to be filled.

not really big deal for me.
just was curious what's going on. in my 5 years living here never heard this much gunfire, aside from occasional hunting bangs here in there in the woods.
in case there was something going oni didn't know about and could benefit from [smile]

I was wondering when someone would post about this. I heard gunfire around 3am Sunday morning, and yesterday evening around 5pm. I live over by the reservoir and it sounded pretty close. it definitely sounded like gunshots though, Sunday it was a few single shots then a few double tabs in quick succession. Yesterday it was the same thing...a couple singles then maybe 4 or 5 rapid fire.

A couple years ago we had a neighbor holding his family hostage and a swat team evacuating houses at like 3am, so the sound of gunshots in this neighborhood definitely gets my attention.

If he hear gunshots, there are 3 scenarios in which you should be concerned:
1. The shots are followed by screams.
2. The reports are getting closer to your location.
3. You can hear the wizzes and cracks of rounds flying past you or the sound of impacts near your location.

If it wasn't one of those three scenarios, who gives a crap?

If he hear gunshots, there are 3 scenarios in which you should be concerned:
1. The shots are followed by screams.
2. The reports are getting closer to your location.
3. You can hear the wizzes and cracks of rounds flying past you or the sound of impacts near your location.

If it wasn't one of those three scenarios, who gives a crap?

So, gunshots in a residential area next to a highway = no big deal?

I sure as hell wasn't about to call the cops, but it did put me on my toes...especially at 3am

So, gunshots in a residential area next to a highway = no big deal?

I sure as hell wasn't about to call the cops, but it did put me on my toes...especially at 3am

Sure, in your scenario it's prudent to pay attention to make sure it doesn't qualify as one of the 3 conditions I listed, but it is not cause for concern. If it was closer to you and you knew for certain that it was illegal to shoot where the shots were coming from, then sure call the police.

Okay...it was me. I was out shooting chipmunks with my AR.
It sounded like 2 rifles cause I really move fast from cover to cover when I'm after those little buggers..........

I live in Rehoboth, not far from Norton. When I hear a lot of shooting, which is occasionally the case, I go join in the fun. No official ranges that close to my house, just neighbors having fun. Always a good time.

Normal free state sounds. I really need to get out of here back to someplace where gunfire in the woods is normal

Back
Top Bottom