Source for 7.5x55 once fired GP11 brass?

Best to simply post on forums, Armslist, etc.
I've acquired quite a bit by this method. I don't think I have many empties laying about, but I'm sure somebody out there does.
Even though it's a long shot, you might call Midstate Gun Co. (Coventry, RI). They sell o-f range brass, which is only factory ammo.
I believe the shop owner at RI Gunworks shoots a K31 and I doubt that he reloads the GP11. (401) 828-1000
Good luck.

Attachments

• 7.5SwissSabot2.jpg
    7.5SwissSabot2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 22LRSabot1b.jpg
    22LRSabot1b.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 9
I’ve been saving it for a few years now. I just can’t bring myself to scrap such beautiful brass. I don’t have berdan primers so it’s useless to me really.
I also have a bag full, for the same reason.

I doubt I could find it, in all the gun stuff I moved here with.

I have decapped Berdan brass, with one of those "claw" deprimers. It's hit or miss. Hydraulic is better, but it's messy. Neither works well with brass that has an annular crimp.

That doesn't solve the problem of replacement primers. If I shot enough 7.5 Swiss to bother reloading, I'd go for commercial brass.

Sadly, berdan primers are either priced out of sight or simply unavailable. Guess you'll just have to store them deep until primers become available (hopefully).
Just the other day, I pulled the K31 out and shot off a few odds and end reloads. I should pop off all of these rounds and put it back into storage, I suppose. I decapped the berdan rounds; why, I don't know.

Anyone still reloading GP11 brass?? @NavelOfficer
I got 238 cases kicking around that I don’t need. Would kill me to scrap it. View attachment 619994
I’d be interested in the brass. I’m building a Stgw 57 and I’ll come across the correct 7.5 barrel someday. I do know that the day I find the barrel, brass will be impossible to find. It will probably stay 7.62 NATO for quite a while.

I’d be interested in the brass. I’m building a Stgw 57 and I’ll come across the correct 7.5 barrel someday. I do know that the day I find the barrel, brass will be impossible to find. It will probably stay 7.62 NATO for quite a while.
Oh nice! It’s berdan primed brass FYI

Anyone still reloading GP11 brass?? @NavelOfficer
I got 238 cases kicking around that I don’t need. Would kill me to scrap it. View attachment 619994
I’m coming up for a wedding at the end of August if you still have it then. I’ll be at my moms in Beverly for at least a few of the days and can swing up to GLAWSTA if you’re still hanging out at the Crows Nest?

I have 900 primers to last me the rest of my life, lol. Hopefully I find some more at some point.

I’m coming up for a wedding at the end of August if you still have it then. I’ll be at my moms in Beverly for at least a few of the days and can swing up to GLAWSTA if you’re still hanging out at the Crows Nest?

I have 900 primers to last me the rest of my life, lol. Hopefully I find some more at some point.
Wow no way. LMAO nah I stopped hanging out at the Crows Nest a while back [laugh]

Didn't know you had berdan primers in that stash of yours[laugh]

Wow no way. LMAO nah I stopped hanging out at the Crows Nest a while back [laugh]

Didn't know you had berdan primers in that stash of yours[laugh]
I posted about it a while back when the vintage primers conversation came about…I forget what thread now. The ones I have are Norma and Fiocci brand from the 1950’s or 60’s. They look fine though and the price was right…think I paid $20-$30 for all 900 during the summer of love (and mostly peaceful protests)

It’s funny how little I think about reloading when I’m chasing my tail 24/7 with this new house. I can’t wait to get everything set up here, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be a while :(

Back
Top Bottom