Source of 50 cal ammo cans?

Use to buy surplus 50 cal ammo cans from a guy from Maine who sold them at NH gun shows.
With all the NH gun shows cancelled this past year. I could hook up with him.
Would anyone happen to know him or where you could buy a bunch of them?
His was always in good shape.
The only ones I've seen lately for sale were rusted or spray painted and looked pretty bad!
Thanks

There was a .mil surplus website out there somewhere. You could pick up a pallet or 2 for a dollar amount I can't remember.

Outside of that, Midway or Brownells or any website. I don't remember there being a massive price difference between new and once-dropped.
With the new ones you get that awesome dead-fish smell.

I was buying brand new cans from targetsportsusa for like $15 shipped. Don’t know if they’re still in stock.

Tractor Supply regularly has .50 and .30 reproduction cans that aren't milsurp, but they get good reviews. They're certainly good enough for casual use.

Last edited:
Gunpartscorp had them by the pallet IIRC 120 cans $1250 shipped 200 for the 30 cal
Clean ammo cans .com is another place

Use to buy surplus 50 cal ammo cans from a guy from Maine who sold them at NH gun shows.
With all the NH gun shows cancelled this past year. I could hook up with him.
Would anyone happen to know him or where you could buy a bunch of them?
His was always in good shape.
The only ones I've seen lately for sale were rusted or spray painted and looked pretty bad!
Thanks
Hi Tracer, Seems like the 50 Cal cans are in higher demand these days. I just bought 4 on eBay, shipped for $63. Plan on repainting then and making tool boxes for Kubota tractors out of them. They came in very good condition. Here is the link to the seller. Hope this helps.

For those I couldn't acquire on my own, I go to Ebay. I prefer the taller "50 cal cans" made for older M728 VT fuzes.

edit--current prices on those are waaay more than I've ever paid. I did have good luck with a seller outside of Riley.

s-l1600.jpg

For those I couldn't acquire on my own, I go to Ebay. I prefer the taller "50 cal cans" made for older M728 VT fuzes.

edit--current prices on those are waaay more than I've ever paid. I did have good luck with a seller outside of Riley.

View attachment 467945
I was considering 40mm cans but ammo storage would be lifting mountains. Even 50 cal cans packed with ammo are pretty damn heavy (Unless the cans are for non-ammo uses, then theyre extremely useful.)

1617323442094.png

R&R in Hooksett typically has them. Plus other sizes. Been a while since I went there so I don't know the current inventory situation. If you're in that area (down the street from Shooter's Outpost) it's at least worth a stop to see.

Back
Top Bottom