• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Source of AG Banning Out-of-State Ammo Sales!

so every one should just boycott the fing guys shop and watch him go under. that way it his own falt for not minding his own p's and q's that is it

IN some close "brotherhoods" an open mouth gets quickly shut. An open mouth that makes a problem for the brotherhood gets shut permanantly. It is unfortunate gun owners aren't that tight. That store should have been an immediate example for any others that chose to follow his lead...and I could think of a few that probably did. If he'd messed with the teamsters that way they'd still be looking for him.

What we need to replace the mail order sales is a Co-op for reloading supplies and ammo.

Thanks. I was just about to send one myself. Did you send one to kicker as well? I hate to give this guy any business.

Edit: nevermind I'm an idiot

If possible could you let me know as well? I don't have the patience to read through 50 + pages of posts in the Bass Pro thread, and I really don't want to support whoever this is. PS - Just joined GOAL!

Why not just post it here if it's true.
Hell, I'd put up two signs, up the street in either direction of his business on private property stating what he did.
If it's on private property he can't take 'em down without trespassing.

You should out the MF at every opportunity. This scumbag is a traitor to all of you folks.

Last edited:
buying ammo online

I'm pretty confused on whether or not one can buy ammo online. I read on masscops.com that you can buy ammo online but I am reading here you can't? So which is it. This state is so backasswards... I ask buddies of mine on PDs and they don't know. We need to elect a new AG. One that won't pretend he/SHE is the legislature.

...I read on masscops.com that you can buy ammo online but I am reading here you can't? So which is it...

Assuming one is appropriately licensed, there are no laws prohibiting it.

ETA: DO NOT ask for or post any sources, as the AG frequents this forum.

I'm pretty confused on whether or not one can buy ammo online. I read on masscops.com that you can buy ammo online but I am reading here you can't? So which is it. This state is so backasswards... I ask buddies of mine on PDs and they don't know. We need to elect a new AG. One that won't pretend he/SHE is the legislature.

In Massachusetts, laws define what subjects (NOT citizens) may do, as opposed to defining unlawful actions. Judges legislate from behing the desk, the police legislate from behind the badge. The AG's office sends letters threatening lawsuits and hefty fines to vendors selling products or services they do not approve of for seemingly capricious and arbitrary reasons while turning a blind eye to internal corruption.

Take a close look at the model of one-party rule, this is the fate of the country if the current federal administration manages to steal another term. Get used to it or do somoething about it.

so what do we do when we find ammunition for sale online at a better price than we can find it at the commonwealth approved places (walmart, dicks)?

i've taken to emailing the companies and telling them they are full of shit, there is no law or local regulation stopping them from selling to me and they need to wake up and smell the coffee....

this has been unsuccessful so far, as you can imagine....

WTF am i an NRA member for if they're not going to do something about this shit?

if i can't FEED my rifle, i have no need to be an NRA member/supporter.... right?

so what do we do when we find ammunition for sale online at a better price than we can find it at the commonwealth approved places (walmart, dicks)?

i've taken to emailing the companies and telling them they are full of shit, there is no law or local regulation stopping them from selling to me and they need to wake up and smell the coffee....

this has been unsuccessful so far, as you can imagine....

WTF am i an NRA member for if they're not going to do something about this shit?

if i can't FEED my rifle, i have no need to be an NRA member/supporter.... right?

What does the NRA have to do with out of state dealers choosing not to sell you ammo?

this has been unsuccessful so far, as you can imagine...

Have to you offered to indemnify them, without limit, for any legal fees or civil fines they incur as a result of selling to you and post a bond assuring this would be paid? If not, you're asking them to take a HUGE risk for a small profit.

These companies are making a rational decision based on a cost/benefit analysis. It sucks, but it's not fair to blame the company for not taking a risk you are not willing to take yourself. If you're not willing to sign an agreement to pay for their attorney if an action is brought against the seller, this is exactly what you are doing.

There was a case where the AG went after a couple of BB gun or air soft mail order sellers. The sellers knew the allegations were bogus, did not show up for trial, and the AG obtained a $70,000 civil judgement against them.

I contacted the NRA requesting help with exactly this issue several years ago (and before the founding of Comm2A). After an exchange of emails during which they started by re-explaining the basis of MGL which I already knew, I finally got an answer from the NRA legal team: If this concerns you, we encourage you to retain legal counsel at your own expense.

Comm2A does not comment on our case strategy, but it is fair to state that a shortage of issues to litigate is not one of our problems [grin]

Last edited:
if it's not against the law, it's not against the law...
i don't have to promise to pay legal costs for any other online retailer i buy stuff from...

the fact is they're claiming they don't shit to PRM because of state law, local regulations, whatever, local regulations and state law don't apply to out of state entities.... that's why they're called "out of state"
if i can drive to KY and buy bullets, i should be able to WWW to buybulletsKY.com and buy them.... if their relying on made up laws and fear of that c***, then it absolutely is their fault, and i absolutely blame them....

Last edited:
i don't have to promise to pay legal costs for any other online retailer i buy stuff from...

You completely missed his point, I think. The problem is that the MA AG's office blows smoke up the ass of the remote dealer, and most of them fall for it or don't have the means to pursue a full blown legal defense to get the AG to go away. Don't waste your time trying to get the remotes to "shed their MA cooties" it's not going to happen. Just find the dealers that ship here and use them instead.... or hit the gun show circuit. (in some cases they have better prices anyways).

ETA: In the amount of time you wasted trying to change those vendors' minds, you could have had a working
"firing solution" to get ammo from someone/somewhere else in place.

-Mike

Last edited:
What does the NRA have to do with out of state dealers choosing not to sell you ammo?

Because the NRA could easily take up a court case and slam the piss out of the AG on this issue, but they won't do it. That's why he's upset. Read what Rob wrote in #138. The NRA basically couldn't give a s**t less about gun owners in MA.

-Mike

the fact is they're claiming they don't shit to PRM because of state law, local regulations, whatever, local regulations and state law don't apply to out of state entities.... that's why they're called "out of state"
if i can drive to KY and buy bullets, i should be able to WWW to buybulletsKY.com and buy them.... if their relying on made up laws and fear of that c***, then it absolutely is their fault, and i absolutely blame them....

Over priced, over designed, proprietary garbage... Made so the dumbest of the dumb could operate the devices and drag the rest of the market down to their idiotic level...

So you are angry at some companies who won't sell you stuff, and angry at another for making stuff you don't want. Seems like the common element here is that you are pissed off. [thinking]

To be honest, once shipping is added in most of it costs the same if not more than if you were to just go down to walmart or something and pick up ammo, thats why I dont buy online unless its hard to find ammo im looking to try out.

Solution 1. Support your local FFL
Solution 2. If FFL's prices are out of your range, search through the local Walmarts
Solution 3. Order online and have it shipped to store and pick it up there.
Solution 4. Start reloading
Solution 5. If initial costs are too expensive to reload or you are too lazy, start doing leg work and find companies that ship ammo to MA, it will take some time but they do exist. You may even be able to hash out some extra deals with them once you get a CS representative on the line.

Yes, these require time and effort. Be proactive and do not expect things to naturally fall into place. Good luck.

The NRA basically couldn't give a s**t less about gun owners in MA.

Right or wrong, this is why I dropped my membership. Doesn't N in the NRA stand for National? It certainly doesn't stand for "National, except for those states where the gun owners are getting it up the pooper from the anti-gun legislation".

What gets me about the AG scare tactic is that many of the companies won't even ship reloading components to MA. Then there are those who won't ship anything gun related to MA. Sadly, one of those is located in MA.

Absolutely correct.

My point is that the seller is not "full of shit" because they are unwilling to take that risk for you.

The fact is they're claiming they don't shit to PRM because of state law

Their claim is correct, since state law is what allows the AG to mandate they hire a member of the MA bar to defend against an action in a MA courtroom or be subject to a significant default judgement. Furthermore, given this leanings of MA courts, it is not a given the seller would win even with competent counsel and an unlimited legal budget. So, a claim they do not ship to MA "because of state law" is actually quite accurate.

Last edited:
To be honest, once shipping is added in most of it costs the same if not more than if you were to just go down to walmart or something and pick up ammo, thats why I dont buy online unless its hard to find ammo im looking to try out.

This. However, it is convenient. Especially when I don't want to drive to NH or go to an FFL to find out that their prices have fluctuated or even worse, have run out of the caliber or brand you want/need. Also, some of us are extremely busy and often don't have the time it can take to hunt down ammo.

This. However, it is convenient. Especially when I don't want to drive to NH or go to an FFL to find out that their prices have fluctuated or even worse, have run out of the caliber or brand you want/need. Also, some of us are extremely busy and often don't have the time it can take to hunt down ammo.
^This

I don't want to/have time to/shouldn't have to hunt down ammo every time I want to shoot. I, like most of us, work hard during the weekdays. The weekend is to relax and get some shooting done. It is utter bullshit that I have to spend my Saturday hunting down ammo because the AG has a stick up their ass. It's bee more than once where I have had to go to NH to buy ammo because Dick's/Walmart didn't have any.

LGS also overprice ammo drastically. I have a hunch several LGS have connections at Walmart/Dick's and go buy the ammo, then sell it for 2x the price. Maybe that is just my paranoia talking. ;)

The NRA has been a serious let down. Which is why I am only a member of GOAL currently. MA (and other libtard heavy states) are "don't bother" as far as the NRA is concerned. I'm also sort of shocked that S&W isn't pushing for less regulations in their own home state, which is also a reason why I don't buy their products. I know they are a company and their goal is to make money but I am sure they could put pressure on the legislators. Which from what I have seen, they don't or at least, don't openly do so.

Back
Top Bottom