• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SP 2022 in .40

Arlo39

NES Member
Has anyone shot the Sig SP2022 in .40 SW? I one in 9mm but thinking about trading another gun for one in .40.

Have one in 9mm. My first gun. Love it. I'd imagine .40 would be OK but kind of snappy with the polymer frame. You could probably find a 229 for not much more money..

Last edited:
in general Sig does a good job setting up their guns to handle .40S&W unlike some other manufacturers who just open up the chamber on a 9mm and call it the .40 model. that being said I agree w above if going .40S&W in a Sig the P226 or P229 are such sweet shooters I would just go that route. there are people selling P229's in .40S&W for quite cheap because demand is low for those pistols. you could probably obtain a LNIB condition P229 in the $650 (or less) range. some gun shops won't even put them on consignment because they cannot sell. that being said they shoot great and you're only a barrel swap away from 357 sig!

another small point I'm not so sure 357sig is an option in the SP2022. AFAIK Sig never made one and I would be leery of any 357sig barrels for that gun, whereas for the P229/P226 for sure.

Have one in 9mm. My first gun. Love it. I'd imagine .49 would be OK but kind of snappy with the polymer frame. You could probably find a 229 for not much more money..

I haven't been able to find one in .49 caliber, but I'm still looking. [smile]

Thanks for the reply's. I want to have another caliber and I like the platform. I do have a friend that has a P229 in .40 and he likes it. that maybe a option as well. I thought about a P320 and buy a exchange kit but then I could just buy a SP2022 for not much more money.

Yeah you can find trade in 229s in 40 for about 515 online with transfer and tax your at about 6

Back
Top Bottom