• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SP101 grip

My only goal when I changed mine was to make the grips more hand-filling. Hogue 810002 was OK. Pachmayr 02483 Diamond Pro was better in this regard.

Check out chigsgrips.com.
I got some wood grip inserts with the Ruger badge from them for my sp101. Short money, nice fit, nice grain pattern.
Much better than the black plastic.

My only goal when I changed mine was to make the grips more hand-filling. Hogue 810002 was OK. Pachmayr 02483 Diamond Pro was better in this regard.

That is exactly how I felt: the rubber Hogue monogrip for the SP101, while grippy in texture, was too curved to feel comfortable; the "fancy hardwood" Hogue monogrip for the SP101 was beautifully made but had the same round butt/boot grip style; so I settled on the Pachmayr Diamond Pro as my everday grip. The original Ruger grips with the wood inserts looked and felt too small to me (I realize they are geared toward concealment), which is why I went in search of new grips. I also have a set of the wooden grips from Thailand, in the style of the Hogue fancy hardwood grip for the GP100, but on a smaller scale. These actually look amazing on the SP101, but they are just a little slippery, and probably not all that durable. They also required a little bit of custom shaping.

the hogue mono's came on my 3" gp 100. way too big for the gun. I just picked up a set of the ruger concealed paneled grips off ebay for like 22 bucks. much better. of course you might have an sp set already on your gun already and hate 'em, in that case, ignore this. photo is not my gun, it's poached.

IMG_1367.jpg

Back
Top Bottom