Special Senate Election

I get it but you don't. You throw every politician into the same barrel and they are not all the same, especially towards the 2nd amendment. Liberal Dems will always vote for all and any gun control bill. Moderates might vote for watered down legislation like a hi-cap magazine ban and trigger locks/safe storage laws. An example is a moonbat like Harry Reid, who has always received high marks from gun groups because he's from Utah. If you think Markey is the same as Scott Brown I disagree. I don't remember Brown waving an AK-47 around to show his support for an AWB.
You really believe Romney is the same as Obummer? If Romney was elected do you think he would be pushing major gun control legislation now instead of focusing on our out of control spending? Do you think Romney would have commissioned VP Ryan to convene a committee to study gun control laws instead of focusing on fiscal matters like the budget?

I know the guy i voted for would have crushed any talk of an AWB and would be focusing on the debt and the economy, but unfortunately he was unelectable.

If Romney were sworn in this week, we'd be even more assured of a federal ban and in a shorter amount of time, as the GOP would fall in line with the party's president and push it through.

True he signed the mass AWB RIGHT!!!!!

Politicians vote for their own interests as well as that of their constituents. In Ma. this means they will vote to keep the sheeple safe. if Brown runs again I will vote for him
1) Yes, he is the lesser of two evils
2) Liawatha stated that if Brown were elected to fill Kerry's seat it would be like the Professor was never elected. Works for me.
3) If Brown were elected it might slow down Obummers conquest of the country and it would really piss off the Dems.
Sometimes small victories are all you can get. If Obummer is allowed to enact his anti-American agenda unopposed we are doomed.

If Romney were sworn in this week, we'd be even more assured of a federal ban and in a shorter amount of time, as the GOP would fall in line with the party's president and push it through.

True he signed the mass AWB RIGHT!!!!!
He signed it as part of a compromise w/the legislature and GOAL. He didn't write or support the bill. Unlike the Dems, major gun control legislation is not on any Republicans agenda.

Politicians vote for their own interests as well as that of their constituents. In Ma. this means they will vote to keep the sheeple safe. if Brown runs again I will vote for him
1) Yes, he is the lesser of two evils
2) Liawatha stated that if Brown were elected to fill Kerry's seat it would be like the Professor was never elected. Works for me.
3) If Brown were elected it might slow down Obummers conquest of the country and it would really piss off the Dems.
Sometimes small victories are all you can get. If Obummer is allowed to enact his anti-American agenda unopposed we are doomed.

QFH
(quoted for hilarity)

Can you be a little less vague?
Ok, do you think Romney would be appointing VP Ryan to convene a committee to conjure up more useless gun control bills while the country teeters on the fiscal cliff?

- - - Updated - - -

I know the guy i voted for would have crushed any talk of an AWB and would be focusing on the debt and the economy, but unfortunately he was unelectable.
Then why would you waste your vote?

Ok, do you think Romney would be appointing VP Ryan to convene a committee to conjure up more useless gun control bills while the country teeters on the fiscal cliff?

Think i'm going to call into question your logic here, you making assumptions about what the candidate for president and VP would do about guns as opposed to the actual POTUS and VP and your totally good with putting Brown into office who has publically supported an AWB and will add to the Democrats numbers, i'm sure it will die in the house though, so no worries right?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Then why would you waste your vote?

Sarcasm dude, it's what's for breakfast.

the country is over "the cliff" regardless of (D) or (R) in office.

So, minor gun control is okay with you? Reasonable restrictions, common sense gun laws?
Nope, but I am a realist. In Ma. there are none, so Brown is the best we will ever get. Since we only vote nationally for President the Republican candidate will always be the lesser of two evils. Do you think if Romney was elected there would be a major push for more gun control while the country can't pay it's bills? Do you think Romney would attempt to run the economy into the ground to support his entitled supporters? You do realize the gun control issue is a smoke screen for the Dems to paint the GOP as the bad guys while Obummer and friends raise taxes and continue spending on social programs?
Sometimes you need to look at the big picture, the liberals do.

Sometimes you need to look at the big picture, the liberals do.
which is exactly why I don't vote for the lesser of two evils, i vote for whoever I feel is best for the job and best represents my views.

that is the big picture, that both major parties are working to further push their agendas which although different ultimately lead to more power for them less for the people/states

I think you're a cliche MA (R) who sticks to the tired, boring (R) talking points and admits he would vote for a person who is anti gun. You've admitted 2 people, actually. Just this thread alone too.
Really, so what other pro2a choices were on the ballot? Oh, that's right, NONE. You guys wonder why we are slowly and steadily losing the fight. If you refused to vote for Brown or Romney because they don't fit your mold then you get what you deserve, Obummer and Liawatha types. As I stated during the election I am not a Romney fan, I am anti-Obummer and friends. If you still believe that Romney is no different than a far left Obummer & friends when it comes to gun control and fiscal responsibility than I don't know what else to say.
I can't see VP Ryan holding meetings w/the Brady bunch to discuss more gun control laws instead of focusing on cutting spending and not raising taxes on the "rich".

Really, so what other pro2a choices were on the ballot? Oh, that's right, NONE. You guys wonder why we are slowly and steadily losing the fight. If you refused to vote for Brown or Romney because they don't fit your mold then you get what you deserve, Obummer and Liawatha types. As I stated during the election I am not a Romney fan, I am anti-Obummer and friends. If you still believe that Romney is no different than a far left Obummer & friends when it comes to gun control and fiscal responsibility than I don't know what else to say.
I can't see VP Ryan holding meetings w/the Brady bunch to discuss more gun control laws instead of focusing on cutting spending and not raising taxes on the "rich".

On the MA ballot there were more than 2 candidates. I voted for a guy named Gary Johnson.

He is my mold:

1787-09-17-Constitution-1.jpg

A candidate is either in it or out of it.

Brown voted for Dodd-Frank, NDAA and now supports a Federal AWB. If Marsha would have won the special election, I don't see she would have voted any different. That said, if a Libertarian runs, I will be voting for them.

I had never made a donation to a political campaign until Scott Brown. I stopped supporting him based on his voting record. I will no longer vote for him based on his new stance on the federal AWB.

Brown voted for Dodd-Frank, NDAA and now supports a Federal AWB. If Marsha would have won the special election, I don't see she would have voted any different. That said, if a Libertarian runs, I will be voting for them.

I had never made a donation to a political campaign until Scott Brown. I stopped supporting him based on his voting record. I will no longer vote for him based on his new stance on the federal AWB.

Check out whoever runs for Libertarian next election. May be worth supporting. the party doubled in size since the 08 election.

Well sir, i am here to tell you, you are wasting your vote. Voting Libertarian is not the lesser of two evils. We are in MA the lesser of two evils is the only way to vote.

voting for someone who stands opposed to your beliefs is wasting your vote and thats the bottom line.

why would I vote for someone who will then vote the opposite of how I would?

makes no sense, complete waste of a vote

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually classify a significant portion of mass residents as likely libertarian

people have gone off to wars and died for the right to vote, and we have people here willing to compromise that fought for right in order to elect the lesser of two evils. that is beyond pathetic.

anti constitutional candidate is anti constitutional. i.e. not to be supported.

OK I have a solution... Everyone write my name down. All politicians lie so lets use that. I'll pretend to be an anti until I get in office and them push the 2A agenda down their throats!!! Hell if there is no one else worth voting for what do you have to loose?

Vote Chad Conroy for US senate!!!!

Back
Top Bottom