• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Specialty Ammunition Website

Hello,

Before shooting down my hopes and dreams, read the whole thing!

I've been thinking about the lack of good sources for obscure ammunition here in Mass, that isn't outrageously expensive. For example, if I want to shoot my Ruger 1 tropical rifle, which fires .458 Win. Mag, the lowest price for 20 rounds of the 510gr FMJs I have seen is $128 online. Another rifle of mine, the 444Marlin lever action, shoots 444 marlin of course. The cheapest in a store is a box of 20 for more than $40.
In short, it's very expensive for me, and I'm guessing others have similar problems? My question is: Would there be any interest in a website that could sell a variety of rare ammunition for a much better price?

Of course, this website would acquire a license to sell ammunition in MA, and if manufacturing the ammo, an 06 FFL.

terraformer:2306233 said:
Don't bother. The law would require a store front and you to xfer the ammo in person.
Store front for what? It is not illegal for company that sells ammo to ship to massachusetts. That's how I get all of mine. The only issue is finding a company that will ship the mass because they think is illegal.

There is already a well known website that sells specialty ammo and ships to all new england areas....may want to do a little online research before you go to far with your business plan...

Store front for what? It is not illegal for company that sells ammo to ship to massachusetts. That's how I get all of mine. The only issue is finding a company that will ship the mass because they think is illegal.

OK, there is this little thing called interstate commerce. I am 100% with you that non MA based companies can ship ammo to MA residents. But a MA based company can NOT ship ammo, ever, to customers, even customers out of the state. Period.

OK, there is this little thing called interstate commerce. I am 100% with you that non MA based companies can ship ammo to MA residents. But a MA based company can NOT ship ammo, ever, to customers, even customers out of the state. Period.

OK, this is sort of what I've been hearing, but I haven't found much solid evidence to back it up. The only laws that I could find regarding this were MGL chapter 140 section 122B - regarding MA license to sell ammunition. The feds require you to get an FFL for the manufacture of it, which is where the storefront problems come in. But what law says that an MA based company cannot ship ammo ever period?

I can't find it quickly. It's there in either the law or the EOPSS regs governing the ammo license.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom