Spencer Shooting

namedpipes

NES Member
I think it is just sad for one or the other, not much to crucify.
Who knows at this point what either was thinking or the exact situation, mental issues, medication etc. I will say one thing, kind of hard to tell a pellet gun from a real gun in high stress situation depending on conditions and many give the benefit of the doubt there.

Surprised there was not a thread already either.

I think it is just sad for one or the other, not much to crucify.
Who knows at this point what either was thinking or the exact situation, mental issues, medication etc. I will say one thing, kind of hard to tell a pellet gun from a real gun in high stress situation depending on conditions and many give the benefit of the doubt there.

Surprised there was not a thread already either.

Since the time I posted it, someone told me they heard over the scanner (Spencer res) that the person was shot in the back. OTOH that person isn't the most reliable witness, so I'm still on the fence.

If the man really has that history and drunkenly brandished his pellet gun, well, psgwsp...

If he was just a guy having an argument with his wife and the cop saw his cellphone for a gun, which then fell out of his waistband as he dropped, that's another matter.

But it seems a bit of a stretch.

suicide by cop from what little we know---will wait for further detail to see if there's more to it

Since the time I posted it, someone told me they heard over the scanner (Spencer res) that the person was shot in the back. OTOH that person isn't the most reliable witness, so I'm still on the fence.

If the man really has that history and drunkenly brandished his pellet gun, well, psgwsp...

If he was just a guy having an argument with his wife and the cop saw his cellphone for a gun, which then fell out of his waistband as he dropped, that's another matter.

But it seems a bit of a stretch.

Do you honestly think that the cops on scene or involved would have remarked over the net that they shot the guy in the back? EMS personnel would have put that out, shot in the back? I guess its possible sure, but Id be willing to bet all the radio traffic is recorded, and we will get to hear it at some point.

A preliminary search, but it appears the officer involved in the shooting has worked for 4 different PD's just in the past 5 years. If true, that's concerning.

Do you honestly think that the cops on scene or involved would have remarked over the net that they shot the guy in the back? EMS personnel would have put that out, shot in the back? I guess its possible sure, but Id be willing to bet all the radio traffic is recorded, and we will get to hear it at some point.
I relayed what I was told by someone that said they had been listening AND that I didn't necessarily think it 100% reliable. He has no ax to grind but sometimes sees/hears through an odd lens.

Even if it WAS said on the air doesn't make it so, but coming from a small town, yeah, it isn't outside the realm of possibility that it was said on the air, whether or not accurate.

It's not like this guy was a Sunday school teacher holding a Bible. I bet this will fall into psgwsp. It isn't yet clear either way.

In the article it says The officer fired one shot and the suspect collapsed before reaching the home.

I take that to mean the perp was headed into the house to potentially further harm his wife with what appeared to be a firearm. The officer tried to get him to stop but he did not so the officer had no choice but to shoot. That would appear to be a shot in the back. That's the way I interperit it anyway....

http://www.telegram.com/news/20170723/man-shot-by-spencer-police-had-history-of-run-ins

This is what I gather from what's included in this article which is not much:

They chase guy back to GF's house where he had allegedly just been threatening/violent. He parks, gets out of car with pellet gun in hand and starts walking toward house. Officer tells him to stop and drop gun. He does not. Officer shoots him in the back....

Too bad no dash or body cameras...

Yeah, the dead dude sounded like a real chitbag. What's worse is he liked golfing, judging by his only picture.

Back
Top Bottom