Spent Brass

I have a bunch of used spent casings, mostly 9mm sitting around i was hoping to sell off i assume a scrap metal place will give money for it but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on where to sell it off. If scrap metal place is the easiest, anyone know a good one inside the 495 belt?

I have a bunch of used spent casings, mostly 9mm sitting around i was hoping to sell off i assume a scrap metal place will give money for it but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on where to sell it off. If scrap metal place is the easiest, anyone know a good one inside the 495 belt?

Try selling it here - you’ll probably do better than scrap pricing.

The key is finding a recycler that will take it. A few smaller places no longer take in my area.
One place now wants them deprimed.
I have scrapped my junk brass cases and even back when scrap was through the roof 2004-07ish I was about .30 less than their listed brass prices. One place said shred them and I will give you top price.

There's a few places that might be close to you.
Scrap it is one place. Call a few places and ask what they will pay.
If my memory serves me well 1000 9mm cases with primer will run about 8-9lbs. Grab ten and weigh them ?
I can tell you scrap is down as our scrap guy only comes every 3 weeks now at work. When prices are up he's here weekly. He won't take cartridge cases as he is not a MA resident and does not trust the MA system to treat the cases as scrap vs ammo if he should ever need to face

In the end call a few places and see what they will give you then add a few bucks and sell it to a reloader...
What's once fired brass selling for .03-.05 cents per case?

Are you talking 5 gal buckets 55 gal drum or a gal ziplock. It worth about $1 a pound in scrap so 50 to 80 for 5 gal. Why not pass it to a friend or a said before sell it on reloading page.

Just sell it by the USPS medium rate box. You could check out brianenos.com to see what people are paying.

Good advice so far. There's also plenty of reloading Facebook groups (assuming you use FB) where people buy/sell/trade reloading stuff. I've found a lot of good deals on there. Reloading Central (50,000+ members) and The Brass Bank are the groups I'm a member of.

Back
Top Bottom