• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spirit of Boston Cruise?

Big Daddy 45acp

Instructor
Anyone ever take this harbor cruise?

My wife and I are going tonight and I cannot find any info on their security arrangements. Metal Detectors, pat downs etc.

I have been on the party boats out out of Boston and they do pat down. I consider the Spirit of Boston a much nicer boat then the ones that do pat down.

THe only time I went out on it was for a college graduation party hosted by the school. They did pat downs and checked purses and bags and such.

Your on a boat if someone starts shooting then you should be jumping overboard and not trying to defend yourself. [wink]

Sorry, no can do! If I manage to get overboard, then I have to swim to shore.
Any time I come out of the water anywhere, Greenpeace shows up and tries to roll me back in!

Thanks for the quick responses. I will not be carrying, as I may have a drink or 12 (gotta stay under the legal limit), but the little lady may want to bring her "purse".

Sorry, no can do! If I manage to get overboard, then I have to swim to shore.
Any time I come out of the water anywhere, Greenpeace shows up and tries to roll me back in!

Thanks for the quick responses. I will not be carrying, as I may have a drink or 12 (gotta stay under the legal limit), but the little lady may want to bring her "purse".

I was going to say, usually going on, and boating includes drinking. Leaving it home is probably your best bet like you said. I have never been onthe spirit of Boston but we take some people for boston harbor cruises on our boat in the summer. Its always a good time till the blow boaters get in the way.

This is irrelevant for BigDaddy right now because he is probably quaffing down copious amounts of libation as I write this, but for anyone else, it might come in handy.

The Spirit of Boston is now the sister ship of the Odyssey, which departs Rowes Wharf. The Spirit of Boston departs from another wharf, I think somewhere near Fan Pier. Both ships are owned by Odyssey Cruises. The Spirit of Boston was acquired by them a few years ago.

Anyway, I have taken the Odyssey cruise on many occasions, most recently, this past Father's Day. The Odyssey ship has no metal detectors, nor do they pat people down. If they don't do it for the Odyssey, I doubt the boarding procedures on the Spirit of Boston would be any different.

Again, thanks everyone.

I just got back and we had a good time. Food was great, staff was courteous and the weather was perfect.

Only 2 complaints. 1) The beer was not cold enough. If that first frosty isn't frosty, the rest will suffer, regardless of temperature. I could only manage to down 8.
2) The garage has multiple entrances and exits. The lobby staff were morons. When we asked to have our parking validated, we were directed to a machine.
Obviously, the machine did not validate.

So, we were stuck in the garage. My wife (Mini Glock) went to find someone who spoke passable English to validate our parking. As I waited, I contemplated in which order to disable the security cameras because the barrier arm was only held in place by 4 nylon bolts. Fortunately, my wife called just in time to prevent me from committing multiple felonies.

As far as security, there was a MARSEC warning posted on the ticket kiosk and that was it.

I would recommend this 3 hour dinner cruise to anyone looking for a good night out.

Back
Top Bottom