Sponsor for Harvard Sportsmen's Club?

I was a member at HSC for 3 years but I let my membership lapse and I'd like to rejoin. I lost touch with the action pistol guys I knew at the time, so I don't have anyone to sponsor me.

Does anyone know if they are strict about sponsors for former members and, if so, would any current members be willing to sponsor me this Thursday?

It would be much appreciated!

Mike

I think the whole idea behind being sponsored is that the person knows you - have you been out to any matches or events at Harvard (which has more events open to the shooting public than any other club I can think of)? If you do, you'd likely find no shortage of people willing to sponsor you.

I posted on the other thread. DRB is a good person. We meet and chat before. I would sponsor DRB but I 'm tied up tonight.

I hope other HSC member can help sponsor DRB.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Last edited:
Is the Appleseed shoot open to potential members looking for a sponsor or would attending a meeting be more acceptable?
Thanks Greg

Is the Appleseed shoot open to potential members looking for a sponsor or would attending a meeting be more acceptable?
Thanks Greg

The Appleseed is open to the public. I'm guessing a decent number of the instructors are members and at least some of the attendees. Probably a good way to meet some members who might be willing to sponsor you.

The Appleseed is open to the public. I'm guessing a decent number of the instructors are members and at least some of the attendees. Probably a good way to meet some members who might be willing to sponsor you.
This is a rain or shine event I take it. Hoping for the best.

There are at least 5 of us Appleseed Instructors in MA who are members at HSC, and most of us will be there this weekend.

This is a rain or shine event I take it. Hoping for the best.

Yup. Long as the targets stay standing and the range isn't on fire, we'll be there.

(Those are the only two exceptions I know of - they had to cancel a shoot in WA because of high winds not letting the targets stay up and a range in FL caught fire once and the whole range was evacuated).

Back
Top Bottom