• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Spring Trigger Breakout Car Shoot Sat. June 30th

Monadnock

NES Member
shoot1.jpg shoot2.jpg

...you could be there. Just go GREEN and join the NES, and you can sign up for a genuine car shoot replete with NFA (multiple machine guns) firearms, and all manner of lead throwers.

Go Green and then follow this link to the Car Shoot Thread in the Green Section of the Forum.

A Green Membership is just $21 for a year. And it gets you:
  • Access to sell items in the classifieds,
  • Firearms giveaway every month,
  • Frequent NES Members group shoots, at least 3 per year,
  • Frequent NES Members luncheons/dinners,
  • All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only,
  • NES Tours/Trips to firearms manufacturers plants, etc.,
  • Special Discount deals
  • A Membership pays for itself in a single Group Buy, and let's not forget the generous Green Member give-aways in the Karma Thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough time to notify BATFE and get approval to bring NFA firearm to site. Please give more timely notification.
Thanks

Not enough time to notify BATFE and get approval to bring NFA firearm to site. Please give more timely notification.
Thanks

I believe you can file once, at the start of the year, specifying generally where you'll be traveling during the year. Talk with the other NFA folks. You might find it's easier. IANAL

I believe you can file once, at the start of the year, specifying generally where you'll be traveling during the year. Talk with the other NFA folks. You might find it's easier. IANAL

This is generally true but he would still need to know which states and you definitely specify addresses. The travel papers can be requested for up to one calendar year.

There is NOTHING worse than some over zealous range officer standing over your back waiting to trip you up for some minor infraction. I support gun safety at all times but that top pic makes me wonder..... Back in the day at the car shoots in Athol (long time green member here) it was a blast-a-thon with no big-brother behind you.

There is NOTHING worse than some over zealous range officer standing over your back waiting to trip you up for some minor infraction. I support gun safety at all times but that top pic makes me wonder..... Back in the day at the car shoots in Athol (long time green member here) it was a blast-a-thon with no big-brother behind you.

The RSO's at the Monadnock shoots are a far cry from Range Nazis. Yes, they'll challenge you if you swing your loaded rifle back toward the crowd, but they're mainly making sure sure nobody gets their head blown off, not spoiling a good time. One of the usual RSO's often brings the coolest toys.

My experience with the RSOs is that they are there to keep the line running smoothly, help people with malfunctions or who are otherwise unfamiliar with the gun they're shooting, and make sure people are being generally safe. They are far from "over zealous".

Thanks

Not sure if serious, most people filing 5320s just do a blanket one or several at once, it doesn't have to be for a specific time and date, it can cover an entire year to another state.

If you had just filed it in January you'd probably have it by now.

-Mike

The RSO's at the Monadnock shoots are a far cry from Range Nazis. Yes, they'll challenge you if you swing your loaded rifle back toward the crowd, but they're mainly making sure sure nobody gets their head blown off, not spoiling a good time. One of the usual RSO's often brings the coolest toys.
Ditto on that.

The particular RSO in that picture works all the shoots, is a real nice guy and like many is curious about what folks bring to the shoots. He doesn't stand over anyone waiting for an infraction but he certainly will help if you have a problem.

My experience with the RSOs is that they are there to keep the line running smoothly, help people with malfunctions or who are otherwise unfamiliar with the gun they're shooting, and make sure people are being generally safe. They are far from "over zealous".

I completely agree with the above posts. We've had malfunctions where they stepped in to help clear them. Never an issue of overzealousness witnessed at Monadnock!

Ever actually BEEN to a shoot at Monadnock? I mean in THIS reality...

I found the RSOs to be a very professional and helpful bunch. With so much going on and varied skill levels handling often unfamiliar firearms they had thier work cut out for them.

Not being used to handling a chamber flag on the line I needed assistance locking the bolt back on a new platform I was using. I was shown how without feeling like a dummy. I felt comfortable having my young son there knowing these guys were on the job. Honestly it was the first time I’ve been to a range and didn’t feel the need to have eyes in the back of my head...

Back
Top Bottom