• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield MA LTC

Just thought I'd share as I couldn't believe it. A buddy of mine, a Springfield MA resident, applied for his unrestricted LTC recently. He got it in today and had to call me to share the news. They not only gave him an LTC, but a Class A No Restrictions. In Springfield! I was under the assumption that a NS LTC in Spfld was the Moby Dick of LTCs.

This is the second time I'm hearing about this. The problem with the internet (and NES) is that we sometimes hear the same data point over and over again and assume they're different occurrences.

The best way to test this is for Springfield LTCs holders to start requesting that their restrictions be lifted.

This is the second time I'm hearing about this. The problem with the internet (and NES) is that we sometimes hear the same data point over and over again and assume they're different occurrences.

The best way to test this is for Springfield LTCs holders to start requesting that their restrictions be lifted.

If you don't mind me asking..how can this be done. My cousin has a restricted LTC from Springfield and I know he'd love to get them removed.

I went to chicopee ten years or so ago and asked. It worked.

I did know someone on the PD there, am a current member of the national guard and carried large sums of cash for a non profit. But I still had to ask, only two answers...yes is good, no is the same as it is.

Just thought I'd share as I couldn't believe it. A buddy of mine, a Springfield MA resident, applied for his unrestricted LTC recently. He got it in today and had to call me to share the news. They not only gave him an LTC, but a Class A No Restrictions. In Springfield! I was under the assumption that a NS LTC in Spfld was the Moby Dick of LTCs.

Wow nice!!

When I lived there it was my 3rd. renewal before I got the 'NO RESTRICTIONS" on my LTC

IF the issuing authority wants to remove, or add, a restriction it's trivial, and free. The agency rep logs onto MIRCS, changes the restriction, and orders a free reprint of the LTC which will be mailed to the issuing department for delivery to the licensee.

This is of interest to me as I am only 1/2 through my 6 year Springfield LTC with restrictions and would like to have them removed. I'm curious as to if anyone wrote in a letter from Springfield and was successful and if so what was the general message of the letter. I am all for writing a letter but want to make sure my first letter hits the mark as I feel like if it's denied the first time I will end up needing to wait another 3 years for the renewal.

Maybe Commissioner Barbieri takes a different stance? He took over last year right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is of interest to me as I am only 1/2 through my 6 year Springfield LTC with restrictions and would like to have them removed. I'm curious as to if anyone wrote in a letter from Springfield and was successful and if so what was the general message of the letter. I am all for writing a letter but want to make sure my first letter hits the mark as I feel like if it's denied the first time I will end up needing to wait another 3 years for the renewal.
I am also in the same boat as you. 1/2 way through mine also. I thought I would just wait till I had renew then I would try to get them removed.

I always got a kick out of the restrictions. 3 years ago when I got mine in West Springfield the Chiefs' only restriction was to NOT carry in a bar or an establishment serving alcohol. So how about Applebees? They serve alcohol.

I am also in the same boat as you. 1/2 way through mine also. I thought I would just wait till I had renew then I would try to get them removed.

What do you have to lose by trying now??

Serious question.

If the answer is "no", you are no worse off than you are now. If the answer is "yes", you are a lot better off.

What do you have to lose by trying now??

Serious question.

If the answer is "no", you are no worse off than you are now. If the answer is "yes", you are a lot better off.

I have been reading more all over this website and for a while now, trying to find out if people have done it in other towns, and if they have just how they went about it. I see your point thought. At worst it stays the same but, I wasn't sure if I asked then it would look bad for the next time I went to get it renewed. I also kind of thought I had gotten restricted because I was a first time applicant. I'm just not sure how to go about it I guess is what I was getting at.

Did you get this recently? Was this given to you on the first attempt? Did you have any contacts in SPD that they may have helped your case. Curious.

My buddy that just got his had no inside references, first time applying in any town/city, and did not give an hj to the c.o.p. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been reading more all over this website and for a while now, trying to find out if people have done it in other towns, and if they have just how they went about it. I see your point thought. At worst it stays the same but, I wasn't sure if I asked then it would look bad for the next time I went to get it renewed. I also kind of thought I had gotten restricted because I was a first time applicant. I'm just not sure how to go about it I guess is what I was getting at.
The trick is getting your point across but not being a dick while doing so

Back
Top Bottom