• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield MA LTC

Obviously the OP unfortunately wasn't fully aware of what a sh*thole MA was regarding the 2nd Amendment..My next move will be to a Free State, BUT...if I ever was moving again in MA? very first thing I'd tell my family would be to look at the NES link I'll send them with the list of towns, and to not even bother mentioning to me any town that isn't green...How effed up that must seem to newcomers, that probably many of us make real estate decisions based upon a NES color coding system....You couldn't GIVE me a house in, say, Lowell or Winchester if one of the conditions was that I had to actually LIVE in it.....Jesus.

Last edited:
Obviously the OP unfortunately wasn't fully aware of what a sh*thole MA was regarding the 2nd Amendment..My next move will be to a Free State, BUT...if I ever was moving again in MA? very first thing I'd tell my family would be to look at the NES link I'll send them with the list of towns, and to not even bother mentioning to me any town that isn't green...How effed up that must seem to newcomers, that probably many of us make real estate decisions based upon a NES color coding system....You couldn't GIVE me a house in, say, Lowell or Winchester if one of the conditions was that I had to actually LIVE in it.....Jesus.

The Free State is worse than MA when it comes to gun control they won't issue LTC unless you are law enforcement I lived there for a while and got out the gun owners in MD feel the same way which is why they move to PA good luck with the free state you're going to need it

The Free State is worse than MA when it comes to gun control they won't issue LTC unless you are law enforcement I lived there for a while and got out the gun owners in MD feel the same way which is why they move to PA good luck with the free state you're going to need it
?
NH is "worse than MA"?... Huh?????

Hey all just checking in I just picked up my LTC in Springfield and have no restrictions only took 41 days and I'm not a business owner guess the new law is taking its effect.

When You said free state i thought you were speaking of Maryland my fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Think he is refering to Maryland...sometimes known at the "Free State"...which in this case, it isn't.

OP, congrats on the LTC Restrictions: None
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! Very refreshing to hear.
Thanks! I was so nervous got there right before 3:20 and gave her my ID she handed me a license told me to sign the back I signed the back turned it over and saw No Restrictions I gave her the biggest Smile and walked out so happy.

CONGRATS OP!!! it can be done, with tenacity… seems new applicants are having better luck than those wishing to get their restrictions removed. such bs, but happy for you pmoney.

Thanks 413dan I have heard the same thing from people saying the same thing but the secret is to deal directly with the chief is what I was told and I did the same I think the chief is a real stand up guy and doesn't believe on restrictions for anyone I can't say his staff feel the same way Good Luck though and thanks for the congrats!

NH is the nuts for guns! You can already take your guns up to NH with no problems and you can open-carry if you like, you just can't carry concealed without a non-resident permit: See this post from the NH State Police on how to carry in NH. Essentially, no licenses are required for NH except if you want to concealed-carry a pistol or revolver.

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/faq.html

Now apply for your New Hampshire non-resident concealed carry permit! I got mine in just 2 weeks, so when I go up to NH to buy firearm related stuff (as most places in Mass have gone out of business), I don't have to unload my firearm or open carry, I just drive across the border, as is.

The comissioner denied my request to have my restrictions lifted. Real stand up guy alright. Gave me no reason just said no. W.e. Congrats OP. Its great to hear you got it. Maybe little by little they will give in. I hope they do so i can have my restrictions lifted

The comissioner denied my request to have my restrictions lifted. Real stand up guy alright. Gave me no reason just said no. W.e. Congrats OP. Its great to hear you got it. Maybe little by little they will give in. I hope they do so i can have my restrictions lifted
Thanks 413Dan I cant believe the comissioner said NO I would keep trying until they give in I thought the new law was supposed to forbid them from putting restriction unless they feel the person is unsuitable I would remind them of this

Thanks 413Dan I cant believe the comissioner said NO I would keep trying until they give in I thought the new law was supposed to forbid them from putting restriction unless they feel the person is unsuitable I would remind them of this
But they are not putting restrictions. the restrictions were there before the law came into effect. I have been denied by the commissioner and by the deputy chief.

Thanks 413dan I have heard the same thing from people saying the same thing but the secret is to deal directly with the chief is what I was told and I did the same I think the chief is a real stand up guy and doesn't believe on restrictions for anyone I can't say his staff feel the same way Good Luck though and thanks for the congrats!

thankfully i don't live in the city, although was born at baystate(shootout)! neighboring town where thankfully our chief is green and issues nr

angel(pochito413) is someone I've had the pleasure of meeting. if a guy like him can have a ltc but can't carry i don't know wtf is wrong with this stupid city. it's amazing S&W has been here 161 years. the FIRST armory in the entire country the now national historic site Springfield armory is located here. the 22lr was developed in chicopee falls mere miles away and the list goes on and on. yet law abiding citizens are denied of their rights. they forget who pays taxes in these stupid places, aka their salaries!

angel(pochito413) is someone I've had the pleasure of meeting. if a guy like him can have a ltc but can't carry i don't know wtf is wrong with this stupid city. it's amazing S&W has been here 161 years. the FIRST armory in the entire country the now national historic site Springfield armory is located here. the 22lr was developed in chicopee falls mere miles away and the list goes on and on. yet law abiding citizens are denied of their rights. they forget who pays taxes in these stupid places, aka their salaries!

thanks. yea this city sucks. being an aha certified basic life support instructor that can carries large amounts of cash at time I still got denied. maybe I should ask the thugs a block away how they got their unrestricted license lol

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/04/springfield_police_commissione_13.html

hope the link works but:

-Asked about easing restrictions on concealed carry permits, Barberi said he would keep an open mind but was inclined to keep the current system where such permits are issued only if the applicant presents a -need- to have one.

"Studies show it's better to be a good witness than to provide an armed resistance. Unless there is conflicting data otherwise I will continue giving conceal permits based on need"

An absolutely amazing stance from the head of the 'house of hate', I recall an article which listed Spfld MA as the 6th most dangerous city in the US

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Massachusetts.html

To me, a former resident of this once great City-the fact that anyone must 'live' in Springfield is and of itself sufficient 'need' for this commissioner to issue cc permits AND this also is the perfect example as to why Massachusetts must move the licensing authority from local departments to a central agency.

Last edited:
hey I was told by the secretary if I want an unrestricted ltc, become a cop, or open a business that handles a lot of cash like a jewelry store.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/04/springfield_police_commissione_13.html

hope the link works but:

-Asked about easing restrictions on concealed carry permits, Barberi said he would keep an open mind but was inclined to keep the current system where such permits are issued only if the applicant presents a -need- to have one.

"Studies show it's better to be a good witness than to provide an armed resistance. Unless there is conflicting data otherwise I will continue giving conceal permits based on need"

An absolutely amazing stance from the head of the 'house of hate', I recall an article which listed Spfld MA as the 6th most dangerous city in the US

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Massachusetts.html

To me, a former resident of this once great City-the fact that anyone must 'live' in Springfield is and of itself sufficient 'need' for this commissioner to issue cc permits AND this also is the perfect example as to why Massachusetts must move the licensing authority from local departments to a central agency.

I would go and talk to him personally I just moved from VA four months ago applied for the permit last month and got it this month and have no restrictions i think its how you put your wording In my letter i simply stated that I trust the police to do their jobs and protect but they can not be everywhere at once and for that reason I would rather have it and not need it then to need it and not have it 41 days later i got ALP if i can be of any help or give a copy of the letter i used please PM me

PMoney, I am truly happy to hear that you got an unrestricted permit its sad that the Commissioner of this City would rather have victims (that can testify if they are still able to ) than legally armed citizens that are able to protect themselves/loved ones from the out of control crime that has taken Spfld MA hostage.

It would seem that the crime rate is not all that is running amuck in Spfld.

Back
Top Bottom