Springfield show this weekend

oh lmao I didn't even know there was a show this weekend. I thought we were done for the season until fall/winter. I wonder now as well.

This is the annual Militaria Show, so there will be more "old guns" than usual. Personally I like that, but many don't.

Big E requires all ammo sales OUTSIDE the building (tent) ONLY, so there is usually only one dealer there and perhaps a second with reloads/reloading stuff out there. This means higher than usual gun show ammo prices due to no competition.

Also be aware that this the only location which charges for parking, $5/car last I knew.

Checkout her flier for this show (note: she usually falls short of the claimed number of tables):

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/w-spr/SPRINGFIELD%20MILITARY%20FLYER%20JUNE%2012.pdf

Starting today thru Sat there is another show at the Big E also. The anual nation wide antique truck show. This show moves around the country, last time the national was in Mass was back in the 80's.

This show has it's ups and downs.

As Len points out, you pay for parking there. Even the people who go for the antique truck show will be paying parking fees. That is because this is a commercial venue. It's not shoe-horned into some exhibition room like you might have in other places. The hall they hold it in is pretty good sized. The whole place was designed for SHOWS! Which makes the show look smaller than it is. Of course the show IS smaller than it was when I first started going in the early '90s. Probably a common problem shared by most shows in the state.

It is the only large gun show I know of in Western Mass.

Someone take note of the 223/556 pricing on Saturday for me please! Maybe I'll make a trip out there Sunday if its good.

Someone take note of the 223/556 pricing on Saturday for me please! Maybe I'll make a trip out there Sunday if its good.

Define "good".

Last time I was there (on a Sunday) they had a lot of varieties of 5.56/.223 in various types, brands, packaging, and quantities.

I'm looking for bulk (1000+) Brass factory ammo. Good price to me is probably between $300 - $350.

Good news is that between the antique truck show and the militaria show, we should be busy at my job.

Bad news is, of course, that I won't be able to go to the militaria show because I'll be too busy at my job. [sad]

Maybe I can pop by on Sunday.

Can you walk in with your handgun? I want to have mine to try out some accessories. How does that work with it being concealed? I've never been to one. Thanks.

I think that the rule about no live ammo in the hall also applies to concealed carry guns. But you can declare your unloaded gun to the police on duty and they will (IIRC) zip tie it closed. Not sure how that will affect trying accessories. I suppose the vendor could cut the tie and then zip it up again when you are done.

This show S*%&s!!! Its filled with junk. Stuff that folks have dragged out of the basement. The ammo is outside as usual and the prices are better at Riley s. Save the admission, take a ride to a true free state.
Live Free or Die!!!!

This show S*%&s!!! Its filled with junk. Stuff that folks have dragged out of the basement. The ammo is outside as usual and the prices are better at Riley s. Save the admission, take a ride to a true free state.
Live Free or Die!!!!

Well, I guess we won't count on seeing you there.

[rolleyes]

Well, I guess we won't count on seeing you there.

[rolleyes]

How astute of you[laugh]

I have worked at this show 5 years running. This is the first time we are not going. Why, the cost for one but mostly its stuff left over after a full season of gun shows. The Mauser guy is there that doesn't sell any rifles, boxes and boxes of seconds patches and such. Its just not a good show.

For all of you who go, enjoy, but don't expect much....you may find something but my guess is you could find more at Riley's or Collectors firearms. Just MO.

[rolleyes]

hmmm whats the rule on selling guns there yourself? do you have to have a table or can I walk around with an ammo can advertising the goodness within? I know they buy guns there but Im not looking to get fisted.

I would second that this is completely a "end of the season" show, lots of the same stuff from the entire season that didnt sell due to stupid prices or lack of demand.

Found a 1914 Ishavek Nagant that I impulse bought and now I need to see what I actually have... finger joint stock, finn sling hangers, SA mark, no import marks...

I gave up on the Springfield shows a while back, I dont need to drive that far to get raped for parking, raped again to get in to whats basicly turned into a flea market and raped yet again on the price of food that i wouldnt feed to a pidgeon! (Not that they would they eat it).

Live Free or Die!!!!
Have to give Riley's a call then. Thanks for the show review.

I gave up on the Springfield shows a while back, I dont need to drive that far to get raped for parking, raped again to get in to whats basicly turned into a flea market and raped yet again on the price of food that i wouldnt feed to a pidgeon! (Not that they would they eat it).
Glad we didn't go now.[laugh]

Had business out that way so went to the show. Was surprised how big the truck show was. Saw some nice big old trucks at the outside exhibition. The Gun Show itself was mediocre at best. At 8:00 on the way out the Mass Pike every other car was filled with women and had a fresh Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker.

I thought it was ok. There were some decent deals on guns. Ammo not so decent but the NY crew did have a lot of non corrosive PPU stuff for fairly good prices.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

How astute of you[laugh]

I have worked at this show 5 years running. This is the first time we are not going. Why, the cost for one but mostly its stuff left over after a full season of gun shows. The Mauser guy is there that doesn't sell any rifles, boxes and boxes of seconds patches and such. Its just not a good show.

For all of you who go, enjoy, but don't expect much....you may find something but my guess is you could find more at Riley's or Collectors firearms. Just MO.

[rolleyes]

Pretty much right on Fred. But, there were a couple of Ruger SR1911s and 10/22 takedowns. The show was missing at least one or perhaps two rows that they normally had and there were more sellers without any firearms, but at least the jerky was good. [wave]

Springfield sucks normally as far as a gun show goes, so this is probably double extra suck. If I was headed out that way I would go to the truck show and then leave. [grin]

-Mike

This

Had business out that way so went to the show. Was surprised how big the truck show was. Saw some nice big old trucks at the outside exhibition. The Gun Show itself was mediocre at best. At 8:00 on the way out the Mass Pike every other car was filled with women and had a fresh Elizabeth Warren bumper sticker.

The Dem Convention was in Sfld Saturday, thats why you saw all those stickers.

Springfield sucks normally as far as a gun show goes, so this is probably double extra suck. If I was headed out that way I would go to the truck show and then leave. [grin]

-Mike

The Big E has something like 4 or 5 gun shows a year there.

The spring one and the fall/winter one are the best.

This one is not great and the one in July or Aug. sucks.

It's way to hot in the building, no AC and most dealers are at another big show and not at that show.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I see they dropped it to 3 shows now, so the March and Oct. shows are OK, forget this one

http://www.northeastgunshows.com/

2012 & 2013 List -SHOW-2012-AND-13

Last edited:
The Big E has something like 4 or 5 gun shows a year there.

The spring one and the fall/winter one are the best.

This one is not great and the one in July or Aug. sucks.

It's way to hot in the building, no AC and most dealers are at another big show and not at that show.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I see they dropped it to 3 shows now, so the March and Oct. shows are OK, forget this one

http://www.northeastgunshows.com/

2012 & 2013 List -SHOW-2012-AND-13

IIRC, it was 3 gun shows and the militaria show, with the gun shows being in March, October and December.
I see the December show is off the schedule, but a show in Plymouth has been added with a December date.

So I'm not a show aficionado, but I did attend this show. Nice call for a rainy day, and the hall was not hot at all. Plenty of different gun shops in one place. Sure the $5 for parking and then $11/person was a bummer, but there were plenty of selection.

Ruger SR22 $315
10/22 Takedown $300
Glock 19 $525
Glock 17 $499
Glock 22 $400
Plenty of 30rd AR mags for ~$25
Remington 1911 $599
At least 10 tables with AR parts, uppers, lowers, and tacti-cool add ons..
Never made it to the ammo tent

For me, a "good" show, and a must attend if you want to build your own AR15.

Not sure how the place was on Sunday, but it was a full house on Saturday.

Damn! After reading all of the negative comments I decided that I must have been wrong about having a good time at the shows in the past! [/SARCASM]

Unfortunately I had a lot going on and could not go. I wish I had though, I would have scooped up one of those Ruger 10/22 Takedowns.

So I'm not a show aficionado, but I did attend this show. Nice call for a rainy day, and the hall was not hot at all. Plenty of different gun shops in one place. Sure the $5 for parking and then $11/person was a bummer, but there were plenty of selection.

Ruger SR22 $315
10/22 Takedown $300
Glock 19 $525
Glock 17 $499
Glock 22 $400
Remington 1911 $599

Ruger SR22 $315
10/22 Takedown $300
Glock 19 $525
Glock 17 $499
Glock 22 $400
Remington 1911 $599

What he said.

I know the Springfield show gets a bad rap because of the parking and admission fee but shit... its $5 plus the standard MA admission fee these days. WTF is the big deal?!? 99% of every single person on this board spends more than that in shooting a few mags.

I think people should be a little more thankful that we have events like this to check out guns and possibly find something. After all, we're in Massa-f'youandyourgunrights-chusetts. Enjoy what you can now because you never know when some shithead will make it go away.

Back
Top Bottom