• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SR22 mag inserted backwards, now stuck.

knoxy

NES Member
A GF of mine has a ruger SR22. She put the mag in backwards.🤣 Now its completely stuck. I managed to empty all the rounds and make it safe. Got the slide off. Tried poking every slit in the mag from the inside. Tried putting a dowel down the mag to push it out. Can't break down the mag in it's curent position without irreversible damage. The mag will not budge.

Any pointers on getting the mag out?

If it's that stuck, probably not without some damage or completely destroying it.

Is there enough sticking out from the grip to get it in a vise or at least vise grip pliers and try to yank it out?

Get someone to place grip (edge of it, not mag as well) against a hard surface like a work bench and push and hold mag release in.

Get a punch or flat stock and push down mag follower until it fully compresses the spring. Hit it with a dead blow. Either the mag will come out or the base plate will give way and then you can crush the mag and yank it out the bottom.

Block of hard wood that fits into the top of the frame and fits on the mag have someone press the mag release place the edge bottom of the grip on a solid serfice and tap the wood block with a malet. Not a large hammer just a malet that will have enough force to drive the mag out

A GF of mine has a ruger SR22. She put the mag in backwards.🤣 Now its completely stuck. I managed to empty all the rounds and make it safe. Got the slide off. Tried poking every slit in the mag from the inside. Tried putting a dowel down the mag to push it out. Can't break down the mag in it's curent position without irreversible damage. The mag will not budge.

watch that - if you got slide out, then it probbaly that front catch plate that holds it.

View: https://youtu.be/C0hFVXVwgwY?t=914

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wont get my hand on the gun til this weekend. Thinking it's the mag latch that's stuck. Gonna check that before any destructive solutions🤣
follow video a bit earlier than i posted - at 14:20 or so, pull out the assembly as shown and it should expose mag sitting there.

I just took mine apart. The mag will slide in backwards somewhat easily until it hits the rear of the frame. It hits that stop with the magazine sticking out about 1". It would take some force to get it in there further, and that looks like it would cause the top end to crush toward the center of the opening. The slide release has a tab that's at about the right height to lock into one of the openings on the side of the mag. You can see this as the light gray rectangle looking down in the mag well in the pic below:

IMG_2028.jpg IMG_2029.jpg

Your girlfriend did it eh? Likely story 😂😂😂

She hot?

Destroy magazine.

Move on

/thread
it is a plastic gun, a magazine is stronger than the grip module, so, you cannot 'destroy' it or pull by force - as it will most likely damage the grip and mag release.

it is a plastic gun, a magazine is stronger than the grip module, so, you cannot 'destroy' it or pull by force - as it will most likely damage the grip and mag release.

ack. perhaps use a dremel tool with cut-off wheel or something to cut the magazine apart? remove the smaller pieces without damaging the gun?

Back
Top Bottom