• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staccato Rentals?

Mevans313

NES Member
anybody know a place to get some hands on some Staccatos? Perhaps a range that offers them as a rental? Me and a few friends are debating buying some but it’s hard to drop $2000+ on something I’ve never held before!

anybody know a place to get some hands on some Staccatos? Perhaps a range that offers them as a rental? Me and a few friends are debating buying some but it’s hard to drop $2000+ on something I’ve never held before!
You got a group buy forming?

Thanks for the invite 🙄

Just buy it. Being able to whisper staccato slowly into a chick's ear will be worth it in spades.

You got a group buy forming?

Thanks for the invite 🙄

Just buy it. Being able to whisper staccato slowly into a chick's ear will be worth it in spades.
lol just me, a friend and his dad. You’re invited if you want! I’m sure I’d love it regardless, I just wanted to handle one in hopes I’d end up convincing myself it was a smart idea to drop that cash on a handgun 😂

lol just me, a friend and his dad. You’re invited if you want! I’m sure I’d love it regardless, I just wanted to handle one in hopes I’d end up convincing myself it was a smart idea to drop that cash on a handgun 😂
Where are you located

Buy it, trust me. I just bought one not too long ago and never held it. I bought the P and it’s dead accurate. Well worth it

Buy it, trust me. I just bought one not too long ago and never held it. I bought the P and it’s dead accurate. Well worth it
I’m sure it’s more accurate than I could ever be. I’ve really missed the 1911 platform, I’ve bought and sold a few over the last few years but I’ve been without one for a while now. How fat would you say the grips are in comparison to a “normal” 1911 grip? I always preferred slimmer G10 grips on my 1911s but I’ve heard staccatos are quite fat.

I’m sure it’s more accurate than I could ever be. I’ve really missed the 1911 platform, I’ve bought and sold a few over the last few years but I’ve been without one for a while now. How fat would you say the grips are in comparison to a “normal” 1911 grip? I always preferred slimmer G10 grips on my 1911s but I’ve heard staccatos are quite fat.
They’re definitely chunkers but not like an over the top thick. It’s a mild thick but very comfortable. I also have large hands so it’s a very nice fit.

Staccato C is single stack if you can find one. The newer CS is double stack but has a thinner grip.

Staccato C is single stack if you can find one. The newer CS is double stack but has a thinner grip.
If I wanted a single stack 1911 I wouldn’t be looking into a Staccato lol but point taken. I like the idea of the CS but with the proprietary mags and the huge price bump over a very similar C2, if I had to pick, I’d get the C2. I’m more interested in a P though since it’ll likely end up as a range toy and home defense setup.

They’re definitely chunkers but not like an over the top thick. It’s a mild thick but very comfortable. I also have large hands so it’s a very nice fit.
Any experience with the P320 platform? I have an M17 that felt like holding a broomstick until I put the slimmer Wilson Combat grip module on it. From what I’ve seen the grips on a P320 and Staccato are within a few hundredths of an inch.

If I wanted a single stack 1911 I wouldn’t be looking into a Staccato lol but point taken. I like the idea of the CS but with the proprietary mags and the huge price bump over a very similar C2, if I had to pick, I’d get the C2. I’m more interested in a P though since it’ll likely end up as a range toy and home defense setup.

I know, but after handling the C2 I ended up going with the C. Was looking for a carry gun so it worked out for my purposes. In hindsight I might have done better to spend a little more for one of the Wilson guns. I later held one of their EDC guns and for a double stack the grip was more reasonable, and overall it seemed just a little nicer.

I know, but after handling the C2 I ended up going with the C. Was looking for a carry gun so it worked out for my purposes. In hindsight I might have done better to spend a little more for one of the Wilson guns. I later held one of their EDC guns and for a double stack the grip was more reasonable, and overall it seemed just a little nicer.
From what I’ve seen a Wilson is a good $1000 more than even a Staccato. I’m already splurging so I’d probably pass out if I spent $3500-4000 one a handgun 😂

Don't forget the $1000 worth of magazines

They actually went back to SS? STI was all like :we 2011 all the time nao ss can get f***ed" must be a newish product

They actually went back to SS? STI was all like :we 2011 all the time nao ss can get f***ed" must be a newish product

They discontinued their only SS - the C -this year. Their new gun - the CS - is a slimmer/more concealable double stack. Or something.

I liked the C, the main drawback of which is capacity of course. The grip is perfect and with a Wilson 10rd mag you get 11 rds without losing much ability to conceal it.

I’m coming from the Sig world so I’m used to spending $50-60 on a magazine anyways. So $70 for a magazine is not quite as egregious to me as it is for people coming from Glocks lol
I am biased because basically unless its a limited use gun i get cold sweats at anything less than a dozen magazines. And that's like a comfortable start. Nobody ever said they had too many mags or ammo. 🤣

I am biased because basically unless its a limited use gun i get cold sweats at anything less than a dozen magazines. And that's like a comfortable start. Nobody ever said they had too many mags or ammo. 🤣
Yeah I’m not like that lol I have 5-6 mags for each of mine. I usually buy them used for half price if they’re around lol chances of finding a half price staccato mag are slim though 😅

Yeah I’m not like that lol I have 5-6 mags for each of mine. I usually buy them used for half price if they’re around lol chances of finding a half price staccato mag are slim though 😅
This whole thread you've only said staccato 7 times. I'm not sure if you're ready. You gotta use the word like you're a vegan crossfitter

You missed 3 opportunities in this message alone
Crap. I guess I have to start saying Staccato more, cuz I really want a Staccato. Even though I’ve never had a Staccato, I’ve heard many good things about Stacattos made by Staccato. Let me tell you all about Staccato, as I’ve researched staccatos now for a few weeks and thus I’m now a Staccato expert on Staccatos.

Crap. I guess I have to start saying Staccato more, cuz I really want a Staccato. Even though I’ve never had a Staccato, I’ve heard many good things about Stacattos made by Staccato. Let me tell you all about Staccato, as I’ve researched staccatos now for a few weeks and thus I’m now a Staccato expert on Staccatos.
Perfection

Back
Top Bottom