• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staccato Rentals?

If someone is considering an Infinity/SVI, I can meet for a tryout session at Hopkinton on a day with unfreezing temperatures. I don't have any with the new internal extractor (only non-traditional design I've seen that I like), but one of mine is back at the factory being retrofitted for that (then the others go it).

I’m coming from the Sig world so I’m used to spending $50-60 on a magazine anyways. So $70 for a magazine is not quite as egregious to me as it is for people coming from Glocks lol

Well if you want trouble free 2011 mags then think over $100 each

IIRC Grante State Range (Home) had one in their "range rentals" case last time I was there. Could be worth a call to see if they have it still, or if I was seeing something else. ;)

I've also been considering getting a Staccato P build. Since I'm not in the PRM (or a repressed state) I can get full capacity magazines. None of that 10 round neutered BS. [rofl2]

Any experience with the P320 platform? I have an M17 that felt like holding a broomstick until I put the slimmer Wilson Combat grip module on it. From what I’ve seen the grips on a P320 and Staccato are within a few hundredths of an inch.
I had a M17 and didn’t like it. I do have a 320x5 legion that I love.

I had a M17 and didn’t like it. I do have a 320x5 legion that I love.
I like mine, it’s not “nice” but it’s effective and I’m accurate with it..and I got it for a steal too which helps. It’s something I give to newer shooters when I bring them to the range. I have yet to have a new shooter pick it up and be horrendous with, which I can’t say for my P365!

IIRC Grante State Range (Home) had one in their "range rentals" case last time I was there. Could be worth a call to see if they have it still, or if I was seeing something else. ;)

I've also been considering getting a Staccato P build. Since I'm not in the PRM (or a repressed state) I can get full capacity magazines. None of that 10 round neutered BS. [rofl2]
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! They’re only an hour north of me so it may be worth a try.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! They’re only an hour north of me so it may be worth a try.
If you did not try them before- be sure to try cz shadow specimens also side by side.

Ah just checked, they have an Atlas 2011 in their rentals but no Staccato

They do, Ive shot it there

I picked up a CZ TS 2 in 2022 and it's really nice. Going to be bringing it to the gunsmith I've worked with (local to me) to get the slide machined for a dot in the coming weeks. I got it from Granite State at a good price (brand new, under MSRP).

I have three 1911's currently. One WWII surplus (converted to a race gun by my father), a Desert Eagle 1911C (sweet right out of the box) and my FrankenPara P14 (barely anything is still original on that). A Staccato P is next on the list.

One of these days I’ll get a 2011. They fit my big hands/long fingers really well. Just can’t justify $3000+ right now. I’d get the XL model.
I’ll have to stick with a CZ SP-01 Shadow in USPSA/IDPA for now….😂

Staccato seems to have fixed their mag issues from what I’ve seen, no?
The new generation Staccato mags seemed to iron out the need for tuning that the first gen magazines more or less required.

The Staccato P is supposed to be a great duty gun.

If OP is looking for some input maybe check out the Brian Enos forum as well. Lots of discussion about 2011s over there.

If you're looking for a test run you could see if there is a shop that supports USPSA or an instructor and see if they have any guns they'd let you try out or you could at least get to check out the grips and everything.

Did a big review article or video come out on the Staccato guns recently? I had never heard of them a couple months ago, but now they keep getting mentioned on this forum. It's as if everyone is suddenly interested in them.

Did a big review article or video come out on the Staccato guns recently? I had never heard of them a couple months ago, but now they keep getting mentioned on this forum. It's as if everyone is suddenly interested in them.
Ever heard of STI? They rebranded the name to Stacatto
1673238375482.jpeg

Well the new Springfield Prodigy came out for $1500 and got everyone into 2011s lol

IIRC, Honest Outlaw and Humble Marksman youtuuube channels have done vids of Staccato pistols not too long ago. Don't recall all of the videos but at least with the current offerings (or some of them at least). Both have also done reviews of the SA Prodigy pistols if you're interested in those. After seeing some of the other review videos about the Prodigy pistols, I'd hold off at least another year (or more) so that they can both iron out the issues AND start actually producing the optics plates for them.

Ever heard of STI? They rebranded the name to Stacatto
View attachment 707245
They rebranded after a long stretch of questionable QC.

The other thing to consider for anyone in the 2011 market is there's plenty of semi custom options out there that are worth the investment if you're already planning on dropping 2k+.

Who builds the Prodigy for Springfield?

Back
Top Bottom