• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Staccato Rentals?

They rebranded after a long stretch of questionable QC.

The other thing to consider for anyone in the 2011 market is there's plenty of semi custom options out there that are worth the investment if you're already planning on dropping 2k+.

Who builds the Prodigy for Springfield?
Yup. As you know already (but others here prob don’t) 2011s have been popular for many years in the action shooting sports (USPSA). They aren’t new but might be new to the average non-competition shooting gun owner lol

The "2011" design has been around for sufficient years for the design to go off patent - its' gone the way of the 1911 or AR15 - multiple manufacturers are coming out with their own version. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these are job shopped under a BATFE variance for the markings.

The metal grips that have largely supplanted plastic ones were designed more recently which is why each vendor has a slightly different style. There have also been separate evolution of variants since the the original SVI/STI split. SVI has added the interchangeable breechface years ago, recently added the internal extractor (no ugly cut on the side of the slide), and now offers "zero take up triggers" as an option.

I’d you buy one you’ll never want anything else even when your wife is ready to buy you another one as a gift, ask me how I know lol

Back
Top Bottom