Staccato XC

Does anyone here own or shot a Staccato XC?
Likes and dislikes(please don’t say it’s $) about it?
Looking to purchase my first 2011 and ordered one.

Does anyone here own or shot a Staccato XC?
Likes and dislikes(please don’t say it’s $) about it?
Looking to purchase my first 2011 and ordered one.
Yes. Love it. Have Trijicon SRO mounted. Started with Staccato P DPO, and shot more accurately with it than with any other pistol I had other than full-size P320 (just because the P320 is my most used/most familiar pistol). Like other 1911-style pistols, it naturally aimed for me, and the trigger was very good. After I got familiar with the Staccato P and it became my favorite pistol, I tried the XC. To me, night and day different. The XC is EASIER to shoot well than even the P. The trigger on mine is just at 2 lbs, so almost 1/2 the weight of the P. The slide is ridiculously easy to rack and is very smooth too. The compensator makes me a fraction of a second faster (splits) than even with the XL (which has the same trigger and silly-smooth slide).

In addition, my wife confiscated the XC several times at the range and "adopted" it. You can read "adopted" as she thinks it is HER gun now. It is her favorite pistol without exception and she shoots better with it than any other we own. It's very expensive, but very different to most other pistols. NOT a carry or a duty gun. Not really a race gun. A GREAT range toy. Obviously, I'm a fan (grin). It is handicapped by restricted magazines - but a LOT of fun with standard mags here in America (sorry, kidding).

What, are you crazy? Do you know what that gun costs? You don't EVER take it out of it's protective case (and even better to leave it in the case in the safe)!
My cz is scratched is 3 places already. If I got it on an XC I would probably get a massive depression. :)

What ammo is 9mm PBR 125 HAP?
125 HAP is 125gr Hollow point Action Pistol. From Hornady: "Modeled after the legendary XTP® bullet design, HAP® bullets are further refined into the perfect competition projectile. While XTP® bullets use serrations to aid in controlled expansion and terminal performance, we have eliminated these from HAP® bullets, creating a sleek and balanced projectile with a protected nose that aids in consistent and reliable feeding in auto loading pistols. Bullet jackets, featuring industry leading concentricity combined with precision swaged cores, deliver the very best in accuracy and performance."

I'm used to seeing the abbreviation PBR to mean point-blank range, but I'm assuming it's use on a test target here is some form of designation for bench rest? Some manufacturers have a tech rest the dust cover on a rest when firing their test targets. Partial Bench Rest or something like that? Or maybe it's just point blank range to indicate the distance test was fired from?

Back
Top Bottom