• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Standish Sportsmans Association

35197B4C-3562-43EB-A229-D1D139FA3F55-9545-00000E7B890DD0B5.jpg

I'm hoping to be able to stop on by. I live right down the street now and have been really interested in stopping by and seeing what its like down there (especially since I can hear every precise shot from my home, it makes me jealous!). [smile]

Is this a sizeable show?
I have a Springfield rifle I'd like to sell/trade in.

Last edited:
Stopped by this morning and brought a couple of friends.
Didn't find anything I had to have.
I did get a can of ballistol because a few people rave about it.

I asked one dealer if I could look at a walther .380 and he acted as if I asked his daughter on a date.
Dude, if you're gonna be a prick, just stay home!

Yeah..I got no warm and fuzzies there either, very small show.
There was 1 dealer that was great, guys name was Derek Mellow, had mostly used guns is verticle stacked cases.

Stopped by this morning and brought a couple of friends.
Didn't find anything I had to have.
I did get a can of ballistol because a few people rave about it.

I asked one dealer if I could look at a walther .380 and he acted as if I asked his daughter on a date.
Dude, if you're gonna be a prick, just stay home!

Prices were as expected outrageous for the ammo and guns. Same crap as other shows just a little higher in price.

I agree. I almost crapped myself at the prices M&M was asking for reloads. I can buy factory for less, and their ammo has always given me problems.

The only thing I bought was food for my boys.

The kids loved the reptile lady, and the trapping guy, who gave us a fantistic demo of all the traps and how they work.

I don't get the all or nothing prices....especially on used guns. Ok ARs and the like and the ammo to with it fine people are paying?? That used marlin model 60 for 150.00?
I mostly go to shows to just look at guns I either cant afford or just never seen. Much like a car show...after all they are called gun shows not gun sales spectacular 's or gun flea markets....happy shopping.

It's always a very small show. I'm a member there. But wasn't planning on going to any shows this year as the market is FR.

I just got home from Standish a while ago. I did find some 270 Winchester 150 gr Federal and
Winchester ammo for $14 a box of 20. Thought that was a pretty decent price in today's market. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom