• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
What a great event. Far bigger turnout than I expected.
I have a request,If I may. Does anyone have a written copy of the gentleman's speech about Tiananmen Square. I really want my daughter to read it if that's possible.

I want to thank all those who made today possible--I really don't think it could have gone any better. Peaceful, civil protest that allowed us to make our point.

Rallys can also have the unintended effect of taking away the credibility of a movement. None of that occured today.
Who was the NESer that spoke ?
There were at least a dozen of us.
Did anyone have conversations with the cops there? I'd like to hear what they had to say.
I didn't see any of the police saying anything but as we were leaving a lot of us were thanking them. They mostly nodded and one of them gave a thumbs up.
I spoke with several "Special Operations" Boston Police Officers prior to the event and they were outwardly supportive of the rally.
Even the cops on duty were awesome.
Probably told not to engage protesters. Probably SOP.
I will also add I'm quite proud of the way my fellow officers on Boston PD handled the rally today. They represented the profession well. I made sure to thank Captain Lee for their service today. I know many of them didn't seem to express any positions on the issue(other than maybe a thumbs up), but that's part of being professional.
I also want to thank both Chris (Angelking) and Shaun (dongalonga), and the many others, for keeping the talks focused and on point.
Huzzah!
I was interviewed on camera by Fox25. I hope I did well. I did audio interviews with just about everyone else. I honestly lost track of all the media sources there.
Dude, you were awesome. Your speach was great, but more importantly, you keep eveything on track and made sure all the other speakers were on track, on topic, and civil. My hat is off to you. You have my unending gratitude for how you ran today's rally.

Anyone who is not repping the shit out of this man is wrong.

Great HDRS!

Great crowd, here are some pictures.

DSCF210756800_HDR_zps87832461.jpg

DSCF210556800_HDR_zps54f1c3db.jpg

DSCF213171400_HDR_zpsc7611306.jpg

DSCF213656800_HDR_zps87d786db.jpg

It was also great seeing all my fellow NES'ers. What a community this is.

Indeed it was. There were so many signs with the NES label it was crazy. Alas, I was working so I had to come and go as duty allowed; but, I can tell you for a fact that the sheer number of people suprised the hell out of the DCR Rangers at the State House.

I have a request,If I may. Does anyone have a written copy of the gentleman's speech about Tiananmen Square. I really want my daughter to read it if that's possible.

it is a thread of it's own search for today's speech should turn it up

Seconded. I had a hard time hearing him and would love to read it. All of them really, I could only catch bits and pieces.

Indeed it was. There were so many signs with the NES label it was crazy. Alas, I was working so I had to come and go as duty allowed; but, I can tell you for a fact that the sheer number of people suprised the hell out of the DCR Rangers at the State House.

I think you were one of the people I was talking too.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all so much for doing what you did today. I am so bummed that I could not attend. Wife and 7 month old are sick...wife up all night last night, so I had to watch the baby while she rested today. Amazing photos, amazing movie clips, amazing turnout! Again, Thank you everyone.

My wife and I just got back from the best day we've ever had in Boston. Being out there with all of you and some of your families was something I greatly appreciated. By the looks of half of these photos some of you were right near us, wish we had stayed longer to meet more of you. The wife mentioned on the way out that it was the first time in a long time she's felt so safe in a crowd...

For those of you that organized it, great job! I think many of us were beginning to feel like an island out there, thinking we were sinking while our rights were being stripped away, being out there with all of you has inspired me greatly. Thank you.

I was there waving a black gadsden with a red snake, I was standing next to a friend waving a traditional yellow gadsden. Kudos to the nice lady that brought a bunch of spare flag poles and let us both borrow a set.

Outstanding work today, everyone! Loved the posters.
Someone at the NH rally said something that was really fitting. To paraphrase: "This protest is not the end, this is the beginning. If we go home at the end of this patting ourselves on the back for going to our first protest, then we will lose. We have write letters, call congressmen and speak out against our rights being taken away. "

Hey guys I was not able to make it today, but appreciate all of you that were able to! Job well done! We need to promote all these pictures and videos outside of NES forums, and gun owner facebook pages to the general public, and media across the US. Since I was not able to make it, I'm trying to do my part in sharing these to as many people as possible so they can all witness and see the amount of people backing our rights. Everyone do the same!

I want to thank everybody who turned out today. It was an amazing feeling to be where we were... To know that there are that many people ready to turn out and stand up for what they know is right. Take pride in today and put that feeling of pride into your fight.

Back
Top Bottom