State Police Test?

Nice scores guys but all for not....this current list will expire and nobody will be taken from it. A new exam is in the process of being scheduled and will also cost you an additional $35.00 from the previous one.[crying] Just what I heard recently.

Nice scores guys but all for not....this current list will expire and nobody will be taken from it. A new exam is in the process of being scheduled and will also cost you an additional $35.00 from the previous one.[crying] Just what I heard recently.

This is confusing... Do you mean no one will be taken for MSP from this test or no one period?? As for civil service your score on this test is good for two years. Those that took last years civil service will be merged on this new list with their score in full number, not banded. I'm sure there will be people hired in the next two years, be it not all that many.
As for MSP, I cant imagine they would have another MSP test without hiring ANYONE from this test. Granted it could be a while before MSP hires, but when they do they will take at least one class from this test.

Not sure what the additional $35 would be for either...

Mass does this crap all the time. It's a way to make money . If you really want to get upset , look into what's called a Par 10 list . Then you'll see how fair the hiring has truly become.

Yeah, I got a 96 on the DOC civil service test last year. But, as a non vet white male I didnt stand a chance. All minorities and females with scores of 70 or above got in before a single white male. And once they got to white males, they started with vet, 100 and only made it to I think 99 or 98.

97 and as other's mentioned, non-Vet, white irish male with absolutely no chance. I'm in absolute agreement with regards to the 2 point Vet bonus but the bonus for women and minorities is absolute garbage and should be done away with, just my .02.

Screen%20shot%202010-02-20%20at%209.50.03%20AM.png

Last edited:
I know I'm biased because of my military background,,, but I feel much more comfortable knowing most MA cops have a military background. I think it's an important asset to have. I'm not saying those who don't wouldn't, or do not, make good officers. But that is how I feel about it. I also feel for the guys who are non-vets and basically have no chance, but it is something they can control. Apply to your nearest recruiting station.

Good luck to everyone. Whether you're a vet or not, those who make it -- thanks for serving.

well what sucks is that i did not get my VET pref they suck i am staying in the military well theres a waste of 100 bucks could have bought ammo or something. BOOOOO on Mass

I know I'm biased because of my military background,,, but I feel much more comfortable knowing most MA cops have a military background. I think it's an important asset to have. I'm not saying those who don't wouldn't, or do not, make good officers. But that is how I feel about it. I also feel for the guys who are non-vets and basically have no chance, but it is something they can control. Apply to your nearest recruiting station.

Good luck to everyone. Whether you're a vet or not, those who make it -- thanks for serving.

I read a study on officer complaints on those with military vs. college (CJ) educated backgrounds, it was definitely interesting. I will see if I can find it. My score was fine but not nearly good enough to get me anywhere due to being in the same boat as a lot of other people here.

I read a study on officer complaints on those with military vs. college (CJ) educated backgrounds, it was definitely interesting. I will see if I can find it. My score was fine but not nearly good enough to get me anywhere due to being in the same boat as a lot of other people here.

Don't sing it, bring it; post it up -- I'd love to read that and see who wrote it......

I didn't even realize they put the scores out until I saw this post.
97 PO
99 Trooper
Asian Vet.
Nothing like getting the scores nearly one whole year after taking the exam.

Just checked my scores after reading this thread.
PO 94
ST 96
Im a vet. Does being part Native American count for anything?

This is the first time in many years that the SP has been part of the muni CS exam. I don't know what the ramifications of this are going forward BUT the SP has never called for a "minority list". Your score is your score, and no there are no cadet points, someone is trying to stir the pot. Don't be discouraged if you are not a minority, anyone with a total score of 96+ can have a decent chance of getting an opportunity to get the job, don't forget the SP hasn't hired anyone since 2006 so eventually they will have to hire. Now get away from the keyboard and PT!

Back
Top Bottom